Retired #50: James Polkinghorne

Remove this Banner Ad

988372-james-polkinghorne.jpg

Height: 184cm
Weight: 87kg
DOB: 21/01/1989
Position: Midfield/Forward

Good signing for us. Played over 90 AFL games. Adds a lot of experience to a young side.

So this is just the vfl side that he has been signed to? Not actually contracted with the Essendon football club? I have no idea about this stuff.

So this is just the vfl side that he has been signed to? Not actually contracted with the Essendon football club? I have no idea about this stuff.
He's contracted to the Essendon Football Club, but as a VFL player, similar to a Cameron-Reeves for you guys in the NEAFL.

Used to like him when he was a younger player, then just seemingly fell off the radar. Happy to have him.

Pretty keen to see how James pans out for us. Was he playing regular afl level at Brisbane?
94 games in 7 years. That's 13 games a year on average.

Ah that's why I knew somewhat of a good reputation!
Hopefully coaches could bring that spark back out of him hey!

Hopefully at his best he was a real handy player. Really stagnated in the last couple of years and was poor in the NEAFL. Hopefully steps it up this year and gets another shot at the AFL in a year or two as I still think he could be something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really like his season so far. He gets the pill at the stoppage while in there, goes forward and kicks goals, been easily the best VFL listed player so far this season.

Has had a very solid start to the season and provides that big in and under body we need in the VFL. Got knocked out late on the weekend so hopefully he is ok to play the Cats this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back