Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t care if he’s total s**t for the next 18 games, you still play him. Or in the unfortunate event that he’s in a prison cell you make him sub.

You don’t get players with four kids already playing footy. If he doesn’t get there it is a dereliction of duty.

I would add to that: a premiership player/life member should be an automatic qualifier for father son/daughter.

In fact, we should be lobbying the AFL for it now.
Spot on!

I don’t care if he’s total s**t for the next 18 games, you still play him. Or in the unfortunate event that he’s in a prison cell you make him sub.

You don’t get players with four kids already playing footy. If he doesn’t get there it is a dereliction of duty.

I would add to that: a premiership player/life member should be an automatic qualifier for father son/daughter.

I’ll add to that, once the court stuff is put to bed not only should he play 100 games (I think he will and then some), he should and I bet will be retained at the club.
This man is an icon for many at the club.
I’m Good mates with the Clarkes and X can’t speak highly enough or of how much of a role model he is .
Nobody trains harder, nobody is more selfless, nobody has done the hard yards and can speak from life experience, nobody is more forthcoming to not only young indigenous players but all young players.
Marlion could be one of the greatest assets we have ever gained.

I’ll add to that, once the court stuff is put to bed not only should he play 100 games (I think he will and then some), he should and I bet will be retained at the club.
I’m Good mates with the Clarkes and X can’t speak highly enough or of how much of a role model he is .
Nobody trains harder, nobody is more selfless, nobody has done the hard yards and can speak from life experience, nobody is more forthcoming to not only young indigenous players but all young players.

This is the thing with chess board list management. It can be tempting from afar to think why don't we just move knight to rook 4 or whatever, that will solve x problem. What we don't get is the value of the people beyond what we can see on game day. The way they relate to those around them. The level of dedication and so on. And in truth we don't come close to even fully understanding what we do see on game day.

But with Marlion Pickett it has always been pretty clear even to an outsider from the minute he stepped foot into our club that he has been really good for Richmond, and pleasingly, Richmond seems to have been really good for him. I can never understand when some of our supporters want to get rid of a person like Marlion Pickett, just because he makes the odd skill error. Each time he drops a mark or whatever he doesn't drop his bundle along with it. The next contest is attacked as if the error did not happen, and that takes a certain strength of mind that plenty of AFL players do not have.

That’s amazing to hear mate! I bloody love the guy
And how scintillating was his 2nd half on the weekend? That was elite stuff

Hopefully this talk doesn't jinx it, but I agree if there was hard evidence it would not have been delayed like 3-4 times.

Reckon it’s fair to say the longer this drags on for the less likely he’ll be found guilty.

I like the optimism but it’s pretty standard to have multiple committal mention date adjournments which is all this is.

As for his footy, if he plays like he did on the weekend he’ll easily get to 100 games.

If I remember correctly, he was the first senior player on the track this year. Doing many weeks that weren’t required.

He stays in the contest better than anyone on the team. Never over runs the ball or shirks the contest. Knows when and how to tackle. He is rarely beaten without putting up a good fight for the pill. Love him
Yeah, I feel like a lot of our players can't stick a tackle or get feinted by the opposition who then run freely, but Marlion rarely lets that happen to him.

Yeah, I feel like a lot of our players can't stick a tackle or get feinted by the opposition who then run freely, but Marlion rarely lets that happen to him.
It’s hard to watch some weeks. Sometimes it has to do with a lack of experience but sometimes it’s just over-exuberance and is pretty dumb footy. Just stay in the contest for f sake. The swans win things looked way better, led by players like marlion.

Get Geesook to do it.

It'll get passed through straight away, then Tigers get the benefit.

If Tigers lobby for it theyll say no the campaigners.

I’ll be really shocked if he doesn’t move back to WA. Hope I’m wrong though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back