Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett is a natural inside mid. Swap him with Edwards, who can give us run on the outside. Tracking well though
Pickett is not muscled at all. The wing position he played is important structurally and is suited to it perfectly. He and kamdyn had excellent seasons. Edwards brain and Ball distribution is unique and I don't think anyone can replace him. Bolton? Edwards having missed a big chunk of games did his body a favour. COVID 19 might have given Sheds another year.

To be honest take football aside for minute just rapt how he changed his life come to the club bought in and his a 2 time premiership player and 1 vfl the rest his history.There was games we're he didn't start well , but he never put his head down you would see him come out and then improve.Don't underestimate his work and Kmac on wings easy for us to bypass it.There we're games this year both of them kept us in the contest when things weren't going right.I reckon he has sacrifice his own game for the team.This year may be his proper full preseason.Would love him to take Stack under his wing if he stays.

Last edited:
Pickett is a natural inside mid. Swap him with Edwards, who can give us run on the outside. Tracking well though
No way we are taking the best clearance player in the game out of centre bounces... shedda is at absolute elite level right now! Want him around the ball as much as possible

Geez he’s a tough bastard.
It’s a shame his skills are lacking particularly in comparison to a lot of teammates.
It’s phenomenal really and a testament to his hardness that he’s not only played 20 odd games but 2 premierships in an incredible team with a real old school style of footy that smacks of hardness but jeopardizes skill amongst a team of incredibly skilled players.
He’d walk into the 80’s and 90’s and become a legend.

Geez he’s a tough bastard.
It’s a shame his skills are lacking particularly in comparison to a lot of teammates.
It’s phenomenal really and a testament to his hardness that he’s not only played 20 odd games but 2 premierships in an incredible team with a real old school style of footy that smacks of hardness but jeopardizes skill amongst a team of incredibly skilled players.
He’d walk into the 80’s and 90’s and become a legend.

In some aspects he is very skilled.

He often pulls off high difficulty marks. Spoil. Kicks

In some aspects he is very skilled.

He often pulls off high difficulty marks. Spoil. Kicks
This is true.
Skilled as in modern day skilled if you know what i mean. He’s not much for the short sharp kicks so much, don’t get me wrong I love the bloke and am happy to have his unique (these days) and old school style in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back