Retired #51: Ryan Crowley- Should be available Round 17 - 5/7

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to be enjoying himself...

12670271_10153855852299356_7021202059410391609_n.jpg

This Bombers side is predicted to be weak and fall away in 2nd Half of games. Can't see that happening with so many big bodies in the team.

Crowley is raring to prove a point as is Kelly. These guys have so much talent. Throw in Bird ... As tough as it gets and this is a serious midfield.

Add Zac, a fit Zaharkis and Goddard... This is looking better than last year... Much better.

And Parish should have been draft pick 1. He will play round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crowley, Kelly, Bird, Stokes etc are not injury prone.

Nor are Daniher, McKernan, Gleeson, Fantasia, Goddard.

Zac and Zaharakis, Cooney are.

I think Parish is as tough as nails. Shearing is hard work.

Crowley, Kelly, Bird, Stokes etc are not injury prone.

Nor are Daniher, McKernan, Gleeson, Fantasia, Goddard.

Zac and Zaharakis, Cooney are.

I think Parish is as tough as nails. Shearing is hard work.
I hope your right.
Seeing as I saw your (B4L's) post prior to the edit, Zerrett hurt his foot last year. Not exactly injury prone, but he did miss a couple of games and people could be forgiven for thinking he was prone to injury without doing much research. The Geelong blokes and Crowley were forced to retire due to youth policy and a last ditch run at a flag while they're still in the window for one.. Not necessarily cooked but not the type of player that would normally get a second chance at another club, because of future planning. 10 month contracts are as freeing for us as they are for them.

This Bombers side is predicted to be weak and fall away in 2nd Half of games. Can't see that happening with so many big bodies in the team.

Crowley is raring to prove a point as is Kelly. These guys have so much talent. Throw in Bird ... As tough as it gets and this is a serious midfield.

Add Zac, a fit Zaharkis and Goddard... This is looking better than last year... Much better.

And Parish should have been draft pick 1. He will play round 1.
I do agree that it is convenient to ignore the impact of replacing two of the best AFL defenders with two VFL defenders. Or were you just talking about the midfield?

I do agree that it is convenient to ignore the impact of replacing two of the best AFL defenders with two VFL defenders. Or were you just talking about the midfield?
True re losing two of the best defenders in the game. But if the midfield is stronger and the ball goes down back less often, we will have less headaches.

Last season the better sides broke through the Essendon defence with ease regardless of Hurley and Hooker (when he wasn't up forward) being there. They stormed out of the centre with ease which was the major issue.

Even StKikda smashed us out of the centre. Would be surprised if they had so much freedom with Bird, Kelly and Crowley breathing down their neck.

Last edited:
Last season the better sides broke through the Essendon defence with ease regardless of Hurley and Hooker (when he wasn't up forward) being there. They stormed out of the centre with ease which was the major issue.

Even StKikda smashed us out of the centre. Would be surprised if they had so much freedom with Bird, Kelly and Crowley breathing down their neck.

The best form of defense is attack and on paper at least we look like being solid in the mid-field and okay upforward so we might be a bit more competitive than some expect, although there is a difference between being competitive and winning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back