Retired #52: Jonathan Simpkin

Remove this Banner Ad

From the little I've seen of him he's pretty good at most things without having any outstanding attributes/skills (i.e. very vanilla but is the type we need).
Nailed it, Vanilla as they come.

-He's good at finding the ball - will get 22ish touches a game.
-He's got a good tank
- generally makes good decisions
- good aggression. Goes when its his turn
- good finisher when required.
- can play inside and out
- decent kick.

Does everything pretty well without being outstanding at anything. No glaring weaknesses in his game though which is good.

Unlucky player. His form always warranted a game for us but he was kept out because of his age. We would have rather put game time into a kid that was giving us 90% of what simpkin would give us. Deserves this.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The Dons have gotten a good player in Jon Simpkin. I was disappointed when the Hawks delisted him. He was the Box Hill Hawks best midfielder (easily out-performing current afl players Jed Anderson and Jon O'Rourke) and certainly would have been in the mids for most AFL teams in the comp.
Simpkin is no star but he does everything well. Mark my words: Simpkin will be one of Essendons top 10 players in 2016.

Glph5bS.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but then you can't see that Simpkin retweeted it
Which is fair enough :p

I'm just saying, in case he didn't know... bigfooty does loads of auto-embeds and stuff that used to take a lot of stuffing around. It's easier to embed than to screencap, crop, upload, etc. unless you have a specific reason for doing it that way.

And also because I have twitter (as do others) and I wanted to retweet it, which is easier if its embedded.

I'm just saying, in case he didn't know... bigfooty does loads of auto-embeds and stuff that used to take a lot of stuffing around. It's easier to embed than to screencap, crop, upload, etc. unless you have a specific reason for doing it that way.

And also because I have twitter (as do others) and I wanted to retweet it, which is easier if its embedded.
What Old Campaigner said! Wouldn't have been worth the post in this thread unless it showed Simpkin's retweet!

Otherwise I usually embed.

What Old Campaigner said! Wouldn't have been worth the post in this thread unless it showed Simpkin's retweet!

Otherwise I usually embed.
I only just worked out that my Platinum Membership - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades ;) is preventing the embedded tweets from showing, so I like a good screenshot:)

Edit: I've fixed the problem by whitelisting Twitter in my Platinum Membership - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades ;), voila!

Last edited:
Essendon has placed Jonathan Simpkin on the Long Term Injury List following his hamstring injury against Sydney last week.

The premiership midfielder joined the Bombers earlier this year and was playing his third match for his new Club when he sustained the injury against the Swans.

Scans revealed a hamstring strain and damage to the tendon, meaning a lengthy stay on the sidelines.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-05-12/simpkin-placed-on-lti-list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back