Autopsy 53 point win against Melbourne - Rd 22

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t wanna go too early here as I have been accused of over-rating our youngsters before. But I feel there is something very special about the two youngest lads in our team last night in Blakey and Rowbottom. They’re playing with a maturity beyond their years, and though their under-developed bodies don’t let them stamp their authorities on games, they are doing everything right to get to that point (a few pre-seasons in the gym will help!)

They look to me like they’ve already figured out their personal games, and are just waiting to develop the strength and fitness to be able to do it consistently. They’re playing with so much confidence in their own abilities for two teenagers it’s ridiculous! :D

* not just relevant to this game - they’ve shown it since day one pretty much

I think we have a group who seem to be celebrating each other’s achievements and have a good spirit too

Ability is key obviously but there’s a nice vibe generally in the core kids

Even post match Allir Blakey and now I can’t remember who else being interviewed together seemed good mates

I think we have a group who seem to be celebrating each other’s achievements and have a good spirit too

Ability is key obviously but there’s a nice vibe generally in the core kids

Even post match Allir Blakey and now I can’t remember who else being interviewed together seemed good mates
Agreed. The third was Ollie.

Great old man game from JPK

No one mentions him unless its to retire him so I'll volunteer.

Yeah fair point

He still plays a smart game

I think my main concerns are more how other have faded , than what he does

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a different locker room with players closer to the same age

2012-2016 probably had a lot of wives /partners kids after a game

Lot more parents in there post game at the moment

Guys more time to bond in their free time as a group given all usually from outside sydney

I didn't get to watch the game, because I was driving up the coast. The ABC radio call was absolutely hilarious though. They kept lamenting how terrible the game was and at multiple points in the match mentioned how lucky they were that The Ashes were on so they could talk about something interesting when they were giving updates from Lords. They even read out a text from a Melbourne fan along the lines of "At least you're getting paid to watch this. I paid good money to sit out here in the rain and the cold to watch what struggle to be defined as football". Hahaha. Classic.

Pregame I was predicting something along the lines of the cripple fight from South Park, but it sounds like it was far less entertaining than even that.

I don't think I'm gonna bother catching the replay...

I didn't get to watch the game, because I was driving up the coast. The ABC radio call was absolutely hilarious though. They kept lamenting how terrible the game was and at multiple points in the match mentioned how lucky they were that The Ashes were on so they could talk about something interesting when they were giving updates from Lords. They even read out a text from a Melbourne fan along the lines of "At least you're getting paid to watch this. I paid good money to sit out here in the rain and the cold to watch what struggle to be defined as football". Hahaha. Classic.

Pregame I was predicting something along the lines of the cripple fight from South Park, but it sounds like it was far less entertaining than even that.

I don't think I'm gonna bother catching the replay...

Wasnt even that bad Melbourne were just s**t, currently watching 1 vs 2 and the standard is dreadful.

We played 4 quarters of football. We hunted the opposition and the tackling was hard and stuck more often than not. At times we moved the ball quickly when the game allowed. We kicked to advantage in forward 50 contests more often than not. These are all things I have criticised us on throughout the year.

The boys played with passion and enjoyment last night and while it may not be pretty, it brought a ******* big smile to my face.

The club is in reasonable hands for the next 10 years if we can hold on to most of our kids.

Enjoyed it.

I know Melbourne were woeful but our team of kids were really hard and absolutely smashed them. Sustained four-quarter effort, laid 83 tackles, didn't concede a goal for two quarters. Great game in the context of this young side's emergence. So much to like from so many of the young players - OFlo, AA, Blakey, Rowbo, TMac, Dawson, as well as contributions from a lot of the senior guys - Rampe, Reid, JPK, Parker etc.

Just need to win the Hannebery Cup on Buddy's 300th next week for the perfect finish to 2019 and set us for a big 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back