Autopsy 54 point loss to Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Boyd the only positive for me. 5 shots on goal and had the confidence to back himself in, which most of our players lack. They weren't coming off the boot right today, but good on him for backing himself.

Everything else was awful.

People here are always talking about how young the team is, and young teams are up and down, so it should be expected that they'll play a good few weeks then a few bad ones. That's the reality of having a young, inexperienced team.

But then, looking at the average age of teams and the average of games played, the bulldogs are always somewhere around the middle, so I don't really understand why people say that the team is so young .......

Well that was s**t. I don’t know what to say. Thought these lack of effort games were left at round 2. Loved Boyd back, English, Naughton and I thought Gowers had some forward craft. Cordy good in patches, but again, a massive lack of leadership out there. Our midfield was completely smashed. I know that had a bit to do with Sandilands’ dominance, but Jong going to Fyfe was never going to work. A lot for Bevo to work on, but if we’re to go forward as a side, 8-10 list changes end of this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never remember 54...

I get the age/inexperience and replacing Murphy Morris Boyd with Naughton Richards Cordy will result in some bad results but I hope that doesn’t cover over what was a terrible performance in work rate and strategy.

You're right, just because we're young, doesn't excuse us from doing the hard work and we weren't prepared to work tonight.

Boyd, Gowers and English the only three that really stood out. Disappointing that the senior players were unable to lead the way.

Great hands from Boydy and looked comfortable against one of the in form defenders in the league.

Probably the sort of performance that most would expect from a team averaging 58 games each but I think the last two weeks then tonight showed just how inconsistent we will be with such a young team.

Injury curse continues with Dicko done early and I suspect we'll have some rather sore boys tomorrow as well.

We've shown we can respond after a bad performance and we'll need to do just that next week against the Blues.

I can handle a loss, but when it comes with barely any effort or care, it hurts. Lucky to see us play once a year and consistently get served this s**t up. It’s just not good enough!

I’ll be forever grateful that 2016 just happened & clicked how it all did.

Just move on. s**t game. Young list with our outs is going to cop hidings.

Hunter in next week will help. Interesting what happens with our talls.

Gotta say Redpath is looking like the ultimate structure player. We just look better with him playing, sadly limited player though.

Webb is a disappointment.

No point kicking the fringe players, they try their best I guess.

Yuck, just yucky football.

Forward structure no existent as usual but structure all over the ground was just all over the shop. Everyone caught in the midfield neither defending or attacking, just plodding and getting exposed either way by leg speed.

Mclean, Boyd, Honey, Wallis, Macrae and Gowers competitive but not good enough. All others were no shows and pathetic efforts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back