VFL Past #55: Daniel Younan - 2021 Best Clubman at the BnF - calls time on his VFL career - 9/9

Remove this Banner Ad

3035720_1_M.jpg

Height: 178 cm
Weight: 78 kg
DOB: 18/08/1992
Position: Small Forward
Recruited from: Coburg Lions

Younan is a small forward of great ability, having been the Coburg Vice Captain for two years, and having kicked 68 goals in 52 games of senior football. He immediately slots into Essendon's forward line and improves it.

Last edited:

Genuinely believe this bloke could play AFL. Is a hybrid of Jamie Elliot crossed with Hayden Ballantyne. Continues to impress me and at 26, his time is now. Could genuinely offer something to an AFL club at senior level. Just doubt it would be us.
Doubt he gets a chance at AFL now. Not complaining though, would love him here for another 5 years.

Genuinely believe this bloke could play AFL. Is a hybrid of Jamie Elliot crossed with Hayden Ballantyne. Continues to impress me and at 26, his time is now. Could genuinely offer something to an AFL club at senior level. Just doubt it would be us.
Mate , who have we got putting more effort into their football than the likes of Younis and the young blokes, we're not exactly winning the house down.
I had more enjoyment watching us during the ban than I do now.

Younan has exceeded my expectations since coming across from Coburg. Another 3 goals (12 in 10 games) now and on track to win back to back TOTY's.
Maybe on the bench right now. I think Lowson and Stroobants have been better as small forwards.

Fit all three in such has Younan's impact been on games.
Quite possibly. The three talls are pretty clear cut as Lisle, Rodda and Riccardi at the moment.

Good article on the EFC website about Danny. Club should do more of this on the VFL guys. Gives a good insight into the commitment they give to play football at a high level on top of their normal working day requirements.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back