VFL Past #59: Aaron Heppell - Called time on his VFL career

Remove this Banner Ad

You beauty!

1472919_570457566366406_1944124901_n.jpg

Fantastic. Hopefully he has the same commitment and hard work of Dyson, and he will be a fine player.

welcome to essendon Aaron,all the hard work through TAC Cup pays off and hope to see you in the red\black playing along-side your brother

Fantastic. Hopefully he has the same commitment and hard work of Dyson, and he will be a fine player.

I'd say that a similar attitude to Dyson, and the drive he'd have wanting to match his older brother in the same system, would be about 90% of the reason he would have been recruited. Nothing in the highlights reel jumps out at you, he just seems a neat half back who reads the game well. With the right attitude something not that short of anything is possible.

We got HEP A
Hepatitis D is a thing, too.

Here's the kicker. It was stuck in my head that Hepatitis D can only exist in the body as a concurrent infection when another form of viral hepatitis is present, and for a minute I got really excited and was convinced it was Hepatitis A that was the concurrent one. The moment I looked it up and discovered that it was, in fact, Hepatitis B was a devastating one. That would have been just too good.

ANYWAY- yes, he started well the other day, but certainly did fade out of the game. Doesn't quite have Dyson's evasive skills just yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. Having watched him play I can't help but think that the only reason we signed him was because he is a Heppell. For a rich team in the second best comp in the land he seemed short of the grade.

I'm not opposed to keeping him around to see if he can be driven to greater things. I can't see where the AFL player comes from at this stage. Who knows, it may just be that he ends up a really good VFL player and t is probably worth building career VFL players if given the chance.

Interesting. Having watched him play I can't help but think that the only reason we signed him was because he is a Heppell. For a rich team in the second best comp in the land he seemed short of the grade.

I'm not opposed to keeping him around to see if he can be driven to greater things. I can't see where the AFL player comes from at this stage. Who knows, it may just be that he ends up a really good VFL player and t is probably worth building career VFL players if given the chance.

Good VFL player, for a small defender he showed he is capable of holding down some of those small marking types in patches last year.

Good VFL player, for a small defender he showed he is capable of holding down some of those small marking types in patches last year.
With Schulz gone we'll need him to do that again.

Only a puff piece and probably only because he's a Heppell, but it's not often you see VFL players with their own article in the paper:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...s-chance-to-make-bombers-20150912-gjl523.html

Aaron Heppell says he is in the midst of a three-year plan to perhaps join his brother Dyson on Essendon's AFL list.

Coming off what Bombers VFL coach Hayden Skipworth labelled as "comfortably his best game for the club" in a best-on-ground performance in the Bombers' 66-point thrashing of Footscray in Saturday's semi-final, Heppell maintains a realistic approach to his draft hopes given his constant contact with the Bombers recruiting staff.

The exciting defensive midfielder also had a stint with Essendon's AFL team in a NAB Challenge match earlier this year as a top-up player.

"Coming through TAC Cup, I probably didn't play quite as good a footy as I would have liked to really give myself a really good chance [in the 2013 AFL draft]," Heppell said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ke-bombers-20150912-gjl523.html#ixzz3lixy6btB
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

One thing is for sure, he was genuinely fantastic against Footscray.

Keep it up Aaron, keep him in the VFL next year, if he becomes consistently good, rookie him?
I'd actually cut him off. He's played 1 good game and looks like complete s**t otherwise.

I'd actually cut him off. He's played 1 good game and looks like complete s**t otherwise.
Looked good in the only game I have seen him play >_>

Remove this Banner Ad

Back