Roast 5AA are mongrels

Was out today and listened to the after match stuff on 5AA

They were talking about giving points to Tambling for the BOG award for poking Sandilands in the eye, and then had a good laugh about it.

A moment later they said they didn't want to "see" any injuries

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo

They were talking about giving points to Tambling for the BOG award for poking Sandilands in the eye, and then had a good laugh about it.

Sour Grapes.....Nothing else to do in Mehville anyway

Kickett Punches Read

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 29, 2008
dullsville
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Mandurah Football Club

yeah thats pretty ordinary. your a parocial breed you south australians, but some of the stuff i have heard being dribbled out on SA sports broadcasts is pretty distasteful...... it must be similar for port over there like it is over here with us in that the crows like the eagles are the golden child and can do no wrong... sucks that

Sman-21

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
To be fair i was thinking Tambling was their best player.
As the single thing he did had the most impact on the game.

Sandilands was back to his dominant unstoppable best.
Couldnt be stopped in ruck and around the ground going for marks.

Who were the commentators on 5AA,

I've heard they are truly red neck material

The one's I heard talking about it were [C]Rowe, McDermott & Dillon

And yes, they are true red yellow & blue crowbots

It was sickening listening to them

The worst part was their little faux pas joke, about not wanting to "see" any injuries, with Sandilands partially blinded

fairfooty

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2010
Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Chelsea
Port Adelaide trolls should go back to their cave... as to 5AA... sorry you listened to that drivel... none of us do...

And to be fair all non-Vic sides cop it in Victoria as well... and not only on radio but on TV as well... :(

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The one's I heard talking about it were [C]Rowe, McDermott & Dillon

And yes, they are true red yellow & blue crowbots

It was sickening listening to them

These were the same tools that commented on the pre-season game and wet themselves a number of times with brownlow like comments regarding some Adelaide players. After that commentry I was convinced Tippet, Sloan and Henderson would tie for the Brownlow:rolleyes:

Decent turnaround from that pre-season game.

MadMac

Premiership Player
May 5, 2008
Purple Pub
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Swan Districts, Željo
^^^ In fairness, Sloane was in a very good form leading into the season. He's a big blow for Adelaide, make no mistake.
Tippet, he is talented but I'm not sure if all the money that he reportedly earns hit his brain. He's been pretty average since his big breakout season couple of years ago.
Henderson don't know much about.

Briggzy

All Australian
Jul 15, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The worst part was their little faux pas joke, about not wanting to "see" any injuries, with Sandilands partially blinded

There's no low for you is there Asgardian :thumbsdown:, the mentioned comment by 5aa was in obvious jest with no seriousness intended. No one wishes an injury to opposition player, especially one as important as Sandi. For what it's worth Freo fans, it is common knowledge that 5aa is notoriously bias, however they're not arseholes who wish harm to other players.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Easily, the most embarrassing part of living in Adelaide is 5AA. They are pathetic. Always quick to accuse Victorian media of bias, a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Stephen Rowe's a decent enough sort of guy, but put him in front of a microphone and he becomes a blithering idiot.

Back