5th Test Australia vs England @ SCG 3rd - 7th January 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah strange call to bowl first. I haven't seen the wicket though. It's usually quite difficult to chase on.

Big morning for Anderson, has under performed on the tour so far. Conditions must suit him for them to bowl and I think he owes his team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to believe Root got dropped, thought he's done a reasonable job in this series but he wasn't suited to no.3.

Yeah strange call to bowl first. I haven't seen the wicket though. It's usually quite difficult to chase on.

Big morning for Anderson, has under performed on the tour so far. Conditions must suit him for them to bowl and I think he owes his team.

Grassy pitch and overcast so the bowlers should get plenty of movement, still a big gamble bowling first though.

Can't believe they dropped Root. Ok, his record hasn't been great... but neither has most of the squad. And his part-time tweakers might have been useful.
Yeah should of just swapped him and Bell. I guess we don't know a lot of behind the scenes and he may have been struggling mentally. But he also seems like a natural opener and seems like they are backing Carberry in for now.

Looks like a non-traditional Sydney wicket. It used to be the last wicket in Australia you'd want to be batting last on.

Hard to believe Root got dropped, thought he's done a reasonable job in this series but he wasn't suited to no.3.

Grassy pitch and overcast so the bowlers should get plenty of movement, still a big gamble bowling first though.

Seen it deck around plenty of times day one at the SCG, still it's a wicket you bat first on, always dicey batting 4th.

Looking forward to this. Hopefully our Openers can have a big partnership;.

If we get a good start it will be interesting to see how soon English heads start dropping again.

Also Cook's captaincy. Surely here he can at least fake it that he has a plan. How long before those desperate mid pitch conferences start happening, where he is basically asking if anyone else has any idea what they should do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back