- Sep 21, 2017
- AFL Club
- North Melbourne
Kicking for goal after the siren
- A player who has been awarded a mark or free kick once play has ended:
- Will now be able to kick across their body using a snap or check-side kick
- BUT must kick the ball directly in line with the man on the mark and the goal.
- The 'hands in the back’ rule interpretation has been repealed so a player can now:
Ruck contests: prior opportunity
- Place his hands on the back of his opponent to protect his position in a marking contest
- PROVIDED he does not push his opponent in the back.
- A ruckman who takes direct possession of the ball from a bounce, throw-up or boundary throw-in will no longer be regarded as having had prior opportunity.