Delisted Chris Dawes

Remove this Banner Ad

I appreciate his time at the club. He came during a difficult period and seemed willing to buy in. He's a smart guy so i reckon he'll set himself up nicely after footy.

Remember and interview from his days at Collingwood saying he been to law school, joke was he can help get his teammates out of jail
I don't hate Dawes, you can't say he didn't try but I don't think he ever recovered from his injuries at the pies

Wouldn't be surprised if the Tigers or Blues give him a 12 month contract

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has had 9 years in the AFL as a player, around 120 games, the last four on very good money. And he also got to experience being part of a winning Grand Final team as well.

Obviously, that last one is something so few players get to experience. And hopefully his contribution to Melbourne was better off field than on field.

So for someone who never quite got there he etched out a career that many other players would be envious of.

This was the right decision though. So I hope he has set himself up for life after footy.

He's cooked. Came to us when nobody else would. He's been a great bloke, but his time has come. unlike some of the other dead sh1ts of the AFl, he'll have a successful post AFL life.

All the best Daweshy.... may you rook the rich with legal speak for the rest of your days.

Can't fault his attitude and effort, and probably did help take some attention from Hogan and Watts earlier on. Wouldn't mind if he stayed on in a club role.

People forget but he was brought in to play second fiddle not to Hogan or Watts but to Mitch Clark. The two never actually played a single game together, and whenever Dawes was out there he was essentially the focal point which was never his strength at Collingwood.

People forget but he was brought in to play second fiddle not to Hogan or Watts but to Mitch Clark. The two never actually played a single game together, and whenever Dawes was out there he was essentially the focal point which was never his strength at Collingwood.

He was brought in to play a key forward role. He didn't have any great strengths at Collingwood, and left there because of the second ruck duties and to keep out of Cloke's way (ie the forward 50). I know it's sad for him he didn't find a new home, but the guy was a potato when he came here and he's leaving in the same state albeit with a great wad of cash in his skyrocket. I'd help him carry his things to his car.

Saw Dawesy walking his two Pugs around Citizens park in Richmond yesterday arvo as he usually does. Let them off the leash and they instantly got into a scrap with a bunch of other dogs.

This doesn't really relate to anything but ah well.
Elite post. This is why i like BigFooty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back