Delisted Chris Dawes

Remove this Banner Ad

GAWN.

Thanks for your time Chris and thank you for allowing the creation of Lord Brickhands.

He's been shown the Dawes.
I've just reported you for that.

I knew it would appear in this thread eventually. I could have put money on the author too (though did contemplate whether Cannon might go there also)

Chris Dawes Delisting did take me by surprise.

I feel for the guy

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

Got to say, there is a lot of negativity surrounding the Chris Dawes exit which I find pretty pathetic. It's almost like there is enjoyment in seeing him get the axe. Be funny if there was a forum about you if you got sacked from your job and you got s**t canned because your organisation didn't want you.

Dawes came with injuries, he obviously didn't sit around on his backside and get fat like Lance Whitnall. He clearly worked hard to get through it all, played some good footy, and came to us when we were quite literally hopeless. Let's not get carried away, Hogan is yet to set the world on fire, and Weidemann is a kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to say, there is a lot of negativity surrounding the Chris Dawes exit which I find pretty pathetic. It's almost like there is enjoyment in seeing him get the axe. Be funny if there was a forum about you if you got sacked from your job and you got s**t canned because your organisation didn't want you.

Dawes came with injuries, he obviously didn't sit around on his backside and get fat like Lance Whitnall. He clearly worked hard to get through it all, played some good footy, and came to us when we were quite literally hopeless. Let's not get carried away, Hogan is yet to set the world on fire, and Weidemann is a kid.
Dawesy is a ripping bloke, but he played less than a handful of above average games in four seasons. He'd know better than anyone else that he didn't take advantage of his potential, injuries or not, and that the writing was on the wall. Leaves the game as a well like Premiership winning player, but he was a bad investment on our behalf and was paid handsomely to play at Casey the last two years.

Settle petal. I dont think anyone is having a go at him for his work ethic or attitude to the club. Its the fact that he had a huge salary and was an underwhelming performer, who tried his guts out but didn't have some basic AFL attributes... like marking.

And don't give me the public forum sob story. Find any other profession that had a minimum salary of a quarter mill and tell me there won't be shareholders or public figures scrutinizing your every move... especially if you're not performing

He wasn't sacked he just didnt have his contract renewed. I also think your overstating the prevalent attitude in this thread. No one is knocking his effort or committment, but he was an overpaid, underqualified player who fell behind the pecking order to a guy who was brought in purely for depth.

His injuries were unfortunate but the man didn't fire when fit either.

Damn straight I'm enjoying it. It was a depressing indictment of the state of our list to have him clogging it up on $500k per year. Sure he's a great bloke but he's not a great footballer, and it's heartening to see that we're not still at a level that would see us hold onto him. Let's not pretend that he came to us altruistically either.

The enjoyment comes from knowing cam Pedersen now won't play in the reserves so a bloke half as good as him can get a game
It comes from knowing the club must back Weiderman to come in an play 10 or so games next year as well next to Hogan

This one’s for you bigfooty special delivery from Uncle Paul and all the boys in D-list Company. Yeah, michie, brooklyn ben, kingy, and dawesy, yeah, even dawesy, he ain’t so stuck up once you get to-
threemenandacomicbook4.png

10x the player Vickey ever was or will be
Dawes has kicked 28 goals less than Vickery in two more games. While Dawes has taken 104 more marks than Vickery (believe it when I see it), Vickery leads in hit outs by just short of 600. He's better than Dawes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back