#6 Luke Jackson - Going west (life is peaceful there)

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering the same bloke had him signing for 3 I'll wait before I panic.

I'd be very surprised if both wanted to leave that doesn't happen to good clubs, that happens to 2015 Brisbane
Was a wave of press saying similar, of which I doubt they got their lead from my bigfooty post.

I'm not saying it's absolute. Just passing on as I hear.

How many recent premiers lose good young players? With talk of Jackson, Rivers and potentially Brayshaw (unlikely imo), would be bizarre really.

For sure, just a bit ridiculous if we lose another two guys going home.
Not really

We got Langdon and Lever when they wanted to come home

Can't complain too much when the shoe is on the other foot

Not really

We got Langdon and Lever when they wanted to come home

Can't complain too much when the shoe is on the other foot
Langdon yes, Adelaide was bleeding players though that was a cultural issue.
We already lost Hogan west, if we lose Jackson and Rivers then you'd have to start looking at us as close to Adelaide for cultural issues. Huge hypothetical still.

Langdon yes, Adelaide was bleeding players though that was a cultural issue.
We already lost Hogan west, if we lose Jackson and Rivers then you'd have to start looking at us as close to Adelaide for cultural issues. Huge hypothetical still.
Lever left before all the s**t went down in Adelaide

They lost tippett, gunston, davis and a few others in lead up years. Theyve lost a shitload of talent
lol come on man, Tippett left in 2012, Davis 2011 & Gunstan in 2011

Lever didn't even get drafted to Adelaide until 2014

lol come on man, Tippett left in 2012, Davis 2011 & Gunstan in 2011

Lever didn't even get drafted to Adelaide until 2014
What's that go to do with anything? They've lost a shitload of players. Lever Cameron and Danger aswell.

Almost every year they lost a gun I never mentioned the camp you did, I'm saying they had a club atmosphere that doesn't keep interstate players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be weird if we got Hayden Young from Freo for Dogga, who was someone that was around the mark for that pick 3 back in 2019 we took Dogga with

Would be weird if we got Hayden Young from Freo for Dogga, who was someone that was around the mark for that pick 3 back in 2019 we took Dogga with
Just signed til 2027.

You'd have to imagine it would cost them something like Serong and Lloyd meek as a start. Freo have drafted pretty heavily from WA in recent years.

Win win if they want to head home. We'll shake loose 2 pu$$y a** bi**h mummy boys off the list, and get heavily compensated. Riv is probably worth a 1st rounder and Dogga, Sky is the limit. Can't see any other reason they'd leave other than wanting to be close to their mumma's. Like Kingy said about JHF potentially wanting to leave, if you don't want to be here, leave. The club is bigger than the individual and we'll be compensated well.

If he wants to go home so badly he'd want to play for the Eagles next year, good luck to him.
Any manager worth his salt is going to advise dragging it out long enough to make us nervous. No reason he shouldn't negotiate to get as good a deal from us as possible.

He'd want to show some decent form in the second half of the year though if he's expecting$1 million a year though. If I was West Coast's list manager I wouldn't want to be paying out $2m a year long-term for Kelly and Jackson. They need lots of good young talent more than they need 1 big name.

If he wants to go home so badly he'd want to play for the Eagles next year, good luck to him.
Any manager worth his salt is going to advise dragging it out long enough to make us nervous. No reason he shouldn't negotiate to get as good a deal from us as possible.

He'd want to show some decent form in the second half of the year though if he's expecting$1 million a year though. If I was West Coast's list manager I wouldn't want to be paying out $2m a year long-term for Kelly and Jackson. They need lots of good young talent more than they need 1 big name.

Melbourne would already be budgeting for Kozzy and Oliver next year, we would be offering the best deal we can afford. He’s gone imo

Considering the same bloke had him signing for 3 I'll wait before I panic.

I'd be very surprised if both wanted to leave that doesn't happen to good clubs, that happens to 2015 Brisbane
The same bloke that has thrown a number of arrows over the journey and hasn't had a hit. He'll bound to get one right eventually.

The Trent Rivers one is just laughable considering he's quiet settled, happy and is currently living with his Melbourne based girlfriend.

Last edited:
The same bloke that has thrown a number of arrows over the journey and hasn't had a hit. He'll bound to get one right eventually.

The Trent Rivers one is just laughable considering he's quiet settled, happy and is currently living with his Melbourne based girlfriend.
Yeah sure Kade.

Dropped the petracca long term deal, Oliver and salem extensions, viney and lever pay cuts.

Got wrong the brown interest (which definitely cooled) and the cerra trade which is also widely reported. Also dropped the stephenson interest which lasted bugger all.

Just don't read what I post, simple. I'll sleep happily at night still.

Melbourne would already be budgeting for Kozzy and Oliver next year, we would be offering the best deal we can afford. He’s gone imo

It's still May. If we've already maxed out what we can possibly offer to our best young player then we're in Ned Guy list management territory.
I'd be very surprised if that's the case

i was thinking yesterday that if Jackson hasn't signed by the bye that there's probably a good chance he wants out. if he does want to go then a Freo/Eagles bidding war wouldn't be the worst outcome for us.

Dogga has probably already said he's ready to sign, it's just his management delaying and milking the deal for as much as they can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back