#6 Luke Jackson - Going west (life is peaceful there)

Remove this Banner Ad

It will have to be a bloody good player plus a first round pick. Like a Serong etc. Can't see them.giving up that high a price.
If he wanted to go, we'd probably get a high first and a late first. Just the nature of the market. He's not playing his best footy and is out of contract. If he wants to leave, we probably don't get much more than we did for Hogan sadly.

If he wanted to go, we'd probably get a high first and a late first. Just the nature of the market. He's not playing his best footy and is out of contract. If he wants to leave, we probably don't get much more than we did for Hogan sadly.

If he did leave, wouldn't he be going to WCE who will have number 1 pick in the PSD? If he announced he wanted to leave and go to the Eagles (which I can't see why he would but that's up to him), we wouldn't have a great negotiating hand.

You have a source or just posting on gut feel?
Premiership players who are playing every week don't leave after three seasons just because they're from another state. If they do, it's forecast well, well in advance. Freo don't have the currency without sacrificing key player(s) themselves, West Coast are at the start of the re-build. They'll both sign two-year extensions.

Premiership players who are playing every week don't leave after three seasons just because they're from another state. If they do, it's forecast well, well in advance. Freo don't have the currency without sacrificing key player(s) themselves, West Coast are at the start of the re-build. They'll both sign two-year extensions.

You could argue Jackson was forecast well in advance as they have been trying to extend him for well over a year.

I’m not fussed at all if he goes, we take our compensation and move on. Sucks to lose quality players and worst case scenario Rivers going too would mean we’d probably have to look at what we’re doing wrong, but long term we will be fine.

You could argue Jackson was forecast well in advance as they have been trying to extend him for well over a year.

I’m not fussed at all if he goes, we take our compensation and move on. Sucks to lose quality players and worst case scenario Rivers going too would mean we’d probably have to look at what we’re doing wrong, but long term we will be fine.
I blame Sticks Brayshaw

Any news on his contact from someone in the know?

It's halfway through the season and still hasn't put pen to paper. I would of thought if he wanted to stay he would have signed by now.
I saw on social media that Peter Sumic reported 10m over 7 years from freo. Though just because he hasn't signed yet doesn't mean anything. It's still all speculation.

I saw on social media that Peter Sumic reported 10m over 7 years from freo. Though just because he hasn't signed yet doesn't mean anything. It's still all speculation.
Yeah was on the back page of the Perth paper saying both WCE and Freo have put massive offers on the table. I guess the longer it goes on the more chance he could be leaving. I still think he'll stay for one more contract, but who knows! Still not going to be that upset if he leaves. Yeah, I want him to stay as I feel he's a chance to become a Top 5 player in the comp, but we surely would be compensated well if he does leave and with Taylor at the helm, I'd back him in to pick some good kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he’s being offered 10m over seven years, given he’s already won a premiership, Jackson would be silly to knock it back.

Like every AFL player, they are one serious injury away from it being all over.
Our offer wouldn’t be anywhere near that, I expect he will leave too good to pass up that money and as you said he already has a premiership
Medallion.

Plus Freo look like challenging this year, surely they can’t throw contracts around like that and keep their young talent though

Their hope is obviously to get us not to match the deal. But they are also tying a noose around their head at the same time if we do and then they have to facilitate a trade. Will have to give up a fortune.

Their hope is obviously to get us not to match the deal. But they are also tying a noose around their head at the same time if we do. Will have to give up a fortune.
they would but who would actually be on a lot at Freo? Fyfe would be, Brayshaw and Serong will be, Darcy might be. Idk

they would but who would actually be on a lot at Freo? Fyfe would be, Brayshaw and Serong will be, Darcy might be. Idk
Those would be on biggish coin, but they'd have a lot of blokes on above average coin. Throwing a monster contract for one player into that upsets the balance and they'd have to shed at least one best 22 player plus some depth to fit it in.

Those would be on biggish coin, but they'd have a lot of blokes on above average coin. Throwing a monster contract for one player into that upsets the balance and they'd have to shed at least one best 22 player plus some depth to fit it in.
i wonder if Rory Lobb still wants out of Freo. he was keen to be traded back east last year and he's on around 700k a year at the Dockers apparently. that sort of money would go a long way to getting Jackson over on a long term contract. also Walters and Hamling would have been on big buck contracts but are now pretty much at the end.

I think we will match then trade, no way we are letting him walk and taking a compo pick.

Please MFC, dont believe Rory Lobb is the answer to our KPF problems though, hes more of the same, goes missing. I wouldnt mind getting him in to play the Jackson role, but its a definite no strictly as a forward.

Would rather trade to West Coast given the picks they have, and I also would like Oscar Allen (assuming he clears a medical)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back