#6 Luke Jackson - Going west (life is peaceful there)

Remove this Banner Ad

"I look back at that game and take a lot of of confidence out of it, and uhm yea going forward i'll use that game going forward to uhm, yeah keep confidence for me going forward"

:fire:

He reminds me of Brendan Fraser in that bit of Bedazzled where he becomes a basketball player.

"I look back at that game and take a lot of of confidence out of it, and uhm yea going forward i'll use that game going forward to uhm, yeah keep confidence for me going forward"

:fire:

I love him

I love him

Hes a breath of fresh air in an age where people care too much about what people think of them, marches to the beat of his own drum, hard not to love him Community Leader Proper Gander.

Hes a breath of fresh air in an age where people care too much about what people think of them, marches to the beat of his own drum, hard not to love him Community Leader Proper Gander.
I lead communities. That’s why they call me a community leader. I’m going to go down the street to get some coffee and find a community to lead

He reminds me of Brendan Fraser in that bit of Bedazzled where he becomes a basketball player.
Nah man, 100% his dad is Weird Al Yankovic

Even during that interview you know he wants to belt out a tune or two
97ccfe22eea6ae02570c57a02acbb7b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Credit to Goody and Gawn (who's a different cat himself) for encouraging and creating a team culture where people are allowed to be comfortable as who they really are and not have to conform to some homogenised and sterile professional footballer caricature of themselves. There's some really great interesting and quirky characters at the club and they are great ambassadors and role models for the MFC.

Credit to Goody and Gawn (who's a different cat himself) for encouraging and creating a team culture where people are allowed to be comfortable as who they really are and not have to conform to some homogenised and sterile professional footballer caricature of themselves. There's some really great interesting and quirky characters at the club and they are great ambassadors and role models for the MFC.
Agree totally. And reading Gawny's book confirms how many different personalities the club have. TMac, Langdon, Hunt, Dogga and Gawn himself are all a bit quirky. Even Trac at times seems a quirky dude. Oliver, Bowey, Spargo and Petty seem quiet kind of guys, then you have the loud outspoken guys like Trac, Brayshaw, May and Harmes. Plus we have several dads in the team as well. Gawn and Goody have done an excellent job in providing a culture where all these guys feel they belong. No doubt that is a huge part in why we finally broke the drought. Seems like a great place to be a part of tbh. We're bloody lucky to have Gawn.

I'm halfway through Gawny's book and trying to shake a worrying nagging feeling that he's revealing too much of the inner sanctum.

Had this chat with my Dad, who highlighted the range of personalities as you have done. I just hope nobody takes offence to him profiting from the tell-all. I'm genuinely torn between thinking I am over-reacting and then thinking that players and staff may be disappointed with how he is writing about them, well-intentioned though it may be. There is clear love and support there, but sometimes things need to stay behind closed doors.

I'm halfway through Gawny's book and trying to shake a worrying nagging feeling that he's revealing too much of the inner sanctum.

Had this chat with my Dad, who highlighted the range of personalities as you have done. I just hope nobody takes offence to him profiting from the tell-all. I'm genuinely torn between thinking I am over-reacting and then thinking that players and staff may be disappointed with how he is writing about them, well-intentioned though it may be. There is clear love and support there, but sometimes things need to stay behind closed doors.
You're over reacting :)
It's a great insight but nothing more I believe. They've already done "Leading Teams" sessions where they give each other forthright feedback and don't hold back, thats part of the reason they are where they are now, I don't think anything in Max's ghost written book would bother them in the slightest.

You're over reacting :)
It's a great insight but nothing more I believe. They've already done "Leading Teams" sessions where they give each other forthright feedback and don't hold back, thats part of the reason they are where they are now, I don't think anything in Max's ghost written book would bother them in the slightest.
I'm 95% you're right.

The anecdote about Choco Williams running the team zoom call was the one that really made me think about it, and the references to Harmesy only becoming comfortable with being a role player within the 24-48 hours of gameday (implying he had the hump the rest of the week).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would be crazy to sign anything more than a 3 year deal IMO, but If we don't sign him up for a Buddy like contract we should burn the G down. Hopefully while Collingwood are playing on it..

Another awesome game.

Worry that the Eagles will do a massive clean out at the end of the year and offer him huge huge money to go home.

Another awesome game.

Worry that the Eagles will do a massive clean out at the end of the year and offer him huge huge money to go home.
Unlike Hoges, who was always a bit of a loner and outsider without that pull of friendships to stay, Jackson seems far more on the inside the key culture guys like Gawn, Trac, Brayshaw - even though Jackson is clearly a space cadet albeit an endearing one.

It’s a big plus in Melbourne’s favour to retain him for another contract. You don’t have your management fly out in round 2 to talk contracts if you’re seriously contemplating leaving.

He's starting to clunk contested grabs now too - there's literally nothing he can't do.

For an "athletic" player (normally also synonymous with being a bit soft) he's ferocious around the ball and loves burying mids in a tackle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back