#6 Goat Goatson - Officially a big unit

Remove this Banner Ad

stEdy

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah Oscar Allen is a jet - but Jacko is a legitimate ruckman. Brings so much energy and follow up work when he gets his time in the ruck. Oscar Allen the better forward and mark at this stage but Jacko probably better at everything else. Tough one. I'd take Oscar Allen if we were in a granny today but Jacko over the career. I think Allen will end up as a Tom Lynch still FF in time anyway.

One thing with Jacko is he is taking his share of marks, but not quite 1 grabbing them yet. He's so smart, a number of times he kinds of guides his spilled mark down to a player at his feet. Always thinking 1 step ahead.

I had doubts over developing a player as "raw" as Jacko with his little exposure of form in the forward line. But he's not raw at all, almost the opposite. He does everything extremely, freakishly well for a player of his size and athleticism. He understands the game really well, too.

He's like a young Kurt Tippett when he was good

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Is Oscar Allen a ruck forward?
This call is not as crazy as it sounds. Needs to fix his set shots
Averaging 2 hitouts a game this year, not sure if that puts him in the forward/ruck group. I’d say jackson is only behind Marshall in his position.

stEdy

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Kurt Tippett was incredible to watch early days at Adelaide - before he piled on like 15kgs to play deep forward and became a sh*t truck that couldn't jump off the ground (all the contract stuff probably cooked him mentally)

Gotta keep Jacko nice and lean, he's going to fill out nicely regardless (look how much muscle he stacked on in one pre-season).

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Kurt Tippett was incredible to watch early days at Adelaide - before he piled on like 15kgs to play deep forward and became a sh*t truck that couldn't jump off the ground (all the contract stuff probably cooked him mentally)

Gotta keep Jacko nice and lean, he's going to fill out nicely regardless (look how much muscle he stacked on in one pre-season).
55 goals in his second season and averaged nearly 3 marks inside 50 a game. He was a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GatesOfHell

All Australian
Suspended
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Surely gonna win the 2021 NAB AFL Rising Star. Third in betting behind two campaigners you’ve barely heard of - Scholl (Adelaide) and Warner (Sydney). $7.50 seems juicy odds for our Jacko.

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Interesting that he came second in the Larke medal in 2019. One of those awards that on account of being garbage we have strong representation in, with Morton, Watts, Bennell and Trac all winning it. A very odd group of five.

Remove this Banner Ad