#6 Luke Jackson - Going west (life is peaceful there)

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Serious question? You have a fascinating for wanting to trade every single player on our list?

Is it a serious question though? I’ve mentioned the possibility of trading Brayshaw for Cerra and expressed a casual hypothetical in this thread in case Jackson decides to head home later in his career. You have taken this to mean I ‘want to trade every single player on our list’. Hyperbole much?

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Is it a serious question though? I’ve mentioned the possibility of trading Brayshaw for Cerra and expressed a hypothetical in this thread in case Jackson decides to head home later in his career. You have taken this to mean I ‘want to trade every single player on our list’. Hyperbole much?

Im just glad you added the part about the 3 flags. Otherwise a mob would have already formed here.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
It only occurred to me after round one that number 26 at Fremantle who was annoyingly good was young which a few posters were keen on. I didn't no much about the draft so didn't have a strong opinion on the draft but yes very happy with picking up Jackson and hopefully picking up his mate Rivers helps keep him. (Though I don't think it would matter he seems to fit in really well.)

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is it a serious question though? I’ve mentioned the possibility of trading Brayshaw for Cerra and expressed a casual hypothetical in this thread in case Jackson decides to head home later in his career. You have taken this to mean I ‘want to trade every single player on our list’. Hyperbole much?
I'm still waiting for the Harry McKay for Oliver trade to still go down like you promised.

Jackson ain't going anywhere. He's got possibly the best apprentice in the AFL and he's playing for a club alongside 2 of his best mates in Pickett and Rivers.

There's no hypothetical.

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm still waiting for the Harry McKay for Oliver trade to still go down like you promised.

Jackson ain't going anywhere. He's got possibly the best apprentice in the AFL and he's playing for a club alongside 2 of his best mates in Pickett and Rivers.

There's no hypothetical.

I don’t want him to go anywhere. Did you miss the bit where I said “unbelievable athleticism, skill and footy brain for a 200cm 19yo”?

And the McKay for Oliver thread was started in the off season to wind up the Carlton board. You know that.

Calm down Dazzle.

It only occurred to me after round one that number 26 at Fremantle who was annoyingly good was young which a few posters were keen on. I didn't no much about the draft so didn't have a strong opinion on the draft but yes very happy with picking up Jackson and hopefully picking up his mate Rivers helps keep him. (Though I don't think it would matter he seems to fit in really well.)
Young is a superstar. If we had the top 5 in that draft as Rowell, Jacko, Green, Young, Anderson. Taylor was right. Young is an elite kick, think Brad Johnson said he was the best he'd ever seen through the junior system. Had a couple injuries so far though.

Goaty McGoatface getting some media shine, good to see, playing a very underrated role for us this year, hes been threatening a massive breakout game for the past few weeks now too, can see a 20 disposal 8 marks and 3 or 4 goal game coming soon...

I definitely recall everyone being very sure it was Jacko/Kozzie. Jacko, I get. But how the hell everyone knew we wanted Kozzie is beyond me, when that was what? Pick 9?
We traded it up for it. He was projected to be of interest to us and the Dogs and was initially projected at 30+

Just a lazy 18 disposals, 2 goals, 5 tackles, 5 makrs (2 contested), 8 score involvements, 12 hitouts against the premiers of the past 2 years. If that doesn't get him another rising star nom then it's going to take something pretty special elsewhere.

But here's the stat which shouldn't be missed - 100% disposal efficiency in that weather. No-one else in the game was above 83.3%!

He may look like Weird Al Yankovick but the kid can play

And him freeing up Gawn is causing teams maheem

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
It's ****ed I don't think some people realise how special this kid is yet he's a second year ruck and I'd completely trust him to ruck a game alone if Gawn went down. Thats ******* insane.

He's tracking to be the best ruck forward for 30 years

Freak show. Haven't seen ruck talent this early since NicNat who relied specially on athletic traits, Jackson has a lot of the nuances of ruck play already down pat. Unbelievable to think he was playing basketball predominantly up until his mid teens.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Freak show. Haven't seen ruck talent this early since NicNat who relied specially on athletic traits, Jackson has a lot of the nuances of ruck play already down pat. Unbelievable to think he was playing basketball predominantly up until his mid teens.
His vision in tight, his hands, his kicking.. I can't believe how good he is. He's not an athlete playing footballer. He's a footballer who's also an athlete.

Very special player Jacko, he's got a knack of being able to compete in the air at all times - I've almost never seen anyone stop him from taking a run/jump at the ball.

Add to that his skill level and athleticism for a ruck, he's going to be a very good player very soon.

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Serious question. If you had to pick NicNat or Jackson in a GF side tomorrow who are you going with? I’d pick our bloke.

Serious question. If you had to pick NicNat or Jackson in a GF side tomorrow who are you going with? I’d pick our bloke.
If it's in our team with Gawn. Then Jacko. If it was only one ruck, Nicnat.

Just a lazy 18 disposals, 2 goals, 5 tackles, 5 makrs (2 contested), 8 score involvements, 12 hitouts against the premiers of the past 2 years. If that doesn't get him another rising star nom then it's going to take something pretty special elsewhere.

But here's the stat which shouldn't be missed - 100% disposal efficiency in that weather. No-one else in the game was above 83.3%!

Nek minnit bloody Riley Thilthorpe...

Back