#6 Luke Jackson - Going west (life is peaceful there)

Not when he's that young. If he kicks 20 goals next year it would be insane. If he surprised if he plays much for us at all next year
Ill be wrapped if he kicks 20 gosls for Casey next year.

His ability to play around the ground compliments Gawn. Gawn was constantly knackered last year from all the ground coverage. I also see Jackson being handy in defence near the end of quarters when we want to lock it up.

Just comes down to how many senior games he gets in the first couple of years.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Hogan 44 didn’t he?
Hoges had already done 3 pre seasons before that year and was much stronger physically than Jackson will be.

Not only that but we stuck Hogan in the square and probably kicked about 80% of our entries through him. Even if he plays the whole year Jackson would be lucky to get 1 in 4 kicked to him

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hoges had already done 3 pre seasons before that year and was much stronger physically than Jackson will be.

Not only that but we stuck Hogan in the square and probably kicked about 80% of our entries through him. Even if he plays the whole year Jackson would be lucky to get 1 in 4 kicked to him
Then that 1 in 4 that were kicked towards him only 1 in 5 will actually land near him or to his advantage

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
he was a flat track bully though, doesnt count

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

He absolutely was. I used to say this to fellow Demons supporters who mostly wouldn't listen. Hogan liked to beat up on the minnows but consistently went missing against top opponents. I was never fully sold on his ability.

Last edited:

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He absolutely was. I used to say this fellow Demons supporters who mostly wouldn't listen. Hogan liked to beat up on the minnows but consistently went missing against top opponents. I was never fully sold on his ability.
Hot take but I can't imagine this being much of a talking point on here.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
He absolutely was. I used to say this fellow Demons supporters who mostly wouldn't listen. Hogan liked to beat up on the minnows but consistently went missing against top opponents. I was never fully sold on his ability.
Shout yourself a look at the Hogan thread if you've got a few hours to kill ... your point might come up in the last 10-20 pages or so ...

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Shout yourself a look at the Hogan thread if you've got a few hours to kill ... your point might come up in the last 10-20 pages or so ...

Find the posts where I make the call he isn’t in the top 40 players 23 and under then get told I’m bizarre by Schmutt

He has come around now though. Come around big time! Onya Schmutti

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
At that stage he was in it and you were being polarising for the sake of it.

Nah I actually had about 80% confidence/belief in what I wrote and stand by it! Although I agree that the opinion was a little provocative back then.

It’s ok I know you love me. I set you free!

Back