Past Jackson Thurlow - delisted 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

rsRxzpgO.jpg

Jackson Thurlow

Player Profile

The Sydney Swans traded Jackson Thurlow from the Geelong Cats ahead of season 2019 and the Tasmanian has since shown promising signs, impressing with his intercept-marking and one-on-one defending. The fleet-footed backman played eight of the first 10 AFL games of the 2019 season but added just one more appearance over the remainder of the campaign, so he’s hungry to cement a spot in Sydney’s best team in 2020. The 2019 retirement of champion defenders Jarrad McVeigh, Heath Grundy and Nick Smith has freed up room in the backline as names like Thurlow, Colin O’Riordan and Ryley Stoddart push for more games at the top level. Draft history: 2012 AFL National Draft selection (Geelong), No. 16 overall.

Jackson Thurlow

DOB: 28 March 1994
DEBUT: 2013
DRAFT: 2012
RECRUITED FROM: Launceston (Tas)/Geelong

Last edited:

Maybe its like George Costanza when he quits, but just turns up on the next monday anyway and pretends it didnt happen

cant sleep (cant photoshop either)

703BA843-3192-40BD-B37A-E102740881AF.jpeg FB271371-C7D6-446B-A02A-4875BA2A950E.jpeg

Gotta respect what Thurlow has done the last two games. Everyone thought he was done and dusted (I know I did) and was headed for the scrap-heap at year's end, but he's forced his way back in on a wing and has played two quality games in a row to resurrect his career. Not just adding here and there, but contributing for 4 quarters.

Not saying he's definitely gonna be re-signed but he's given himself a genuine shot now after looking like a write-off for the best part of 12 months.

He's doing everything he can to be re-signed. Beautiful kick, impacting contests with ferocity and tackling hard. I see no reason to not re-sign him after the last couple of games, even if it's just a one year contract.
I feel comfortable when he has the ball. Not a spectacular player but if he can build from this he has a role in the team

A written apology to me will be fine.

Thurlow got an absolute bagging on this board but I never understood why. He didn't shine in his first few games but he did his job and didn't really get much of a run at it to prove himself. I'm glad he's got another chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude and please re-direct me if there is a better place to post. I have thurlow in my fantasy team. Is he going to keep getting this many opportunities? He’s scoring well.

Also watched him closely the last few games, he looks very good in the contest, where have you been hiding this bloke?!

Sorry to intrude and please re-direct me if there is a better place to post. I have thurlow in my fantasy team. Is he going to keep getting this many opportunities? He’s scoring well.

Also watched him closely the last few games, he looks very good in the contest, where have you been hiding this bloke?!
Best games he has played for us recently and shluldn't be dropped at this stage but is part of about 6 players that seem to be on a rotation in and out of the side

Best games he has played for us recently and shluldn't be dropped at this stage but is part of about 6 players that seem to be on a rotation in and out of the side

I feel like he is playing well but he’s scored 80+ both games. Is this really sustainable even if he does keep getting games?

I feel like he is playing well but he’s scored 80+ both games. Is this really sustainable even if he does keep getting games?
The day we start picking teams based on fantasy league scores the jig is totally up.

If he has turned a corner then yes but equally we could have seen his peak

He cant stay fit for 5 minutes, always been his problem.

Earnt another season. Sign him up.
I really wouldn't go that far.

His performances in the last two weeks have seen him push himself out of the "certain to be delisted" category into the "consider another contract" category. There are still a lot of players in that category on our list right now, not all will get contracts.

I really wouldn't go that far.

His performances in the last two weeks have seen him push himself out of the "certain to be delisted" category into the "consider another contract" category. There are still a lot of players in that category on our list right now, not all will get contracts.

will be hard a murky off sesson as we find out list and cap sizes as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back