Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Elite... what about this bomb !!!

483841_a4de027af4067e2577a97d25677c1536.gif

Oct 14, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
CHF please Clarko....

Play the big Irishman in his place. It will allow Frawley to take a backwards seat but most importantly protect Stratton who plays best small or medium size and it killed him this year. Birch will be back to rebound and we need to blood a young rebounder in the mix. If Gunners and Sicily play Forward, with Wingard and a slow approach to Scully we will build. Think long term. Play our two rucks to support back behind the ball and watch us grow. Our midfield is lean but with Hardwick freed up to rebound and Worpell growing we are on course. I’d also load up the Defense with Roughy. It will rejuvenate him whilst allowing Gunston to be a stay a home forward. With Sicily and Gunners, Breust, Wingard, Burgoyne and Morrison rotating through the midfield we will see so many benefits. Cousins in the mdifield and a slow approach with Scrimshaw.

CHF please Clarko....

Play the big Irishman in his place. It will allow Frawley to take a backwards seat but most importantly protect Stratton who plays best small or medium size and it killed him this year. Birch will be back to rebound and we need to blood a young rebounder in the mix. If Gunners and Sicily play Forward, with Wingard and a slow approach to Scully we will build. Think long term. Play our two rucks to support back behind the ball and watch us grow. Our midfield is lean but with Hardwick freed up to rebound and Worpell growing we are on course. I’d also load up the Defense with Roughy. It will rejuvenate him whilst allowing Gunston to be a stay a home forward. With Sicily and Gunners, Breust, Wingard, Burgoyne and Morrison rotating through the midfield we will see so many benefits. Cousins in the mdifield and a slow approach with Scrimshaw.
Sooo much ‘no’ in there H2F.

Nash as an intercept marking HBF? He can neither mark above his head, nor can he kick.

Can’t play Roughy in defence (any more). Just imagine what Franko, Hogan, Walker, Darling/Kennedy, Cameron/Himmelberg/Patton, Ben Brown & maybe a dozen other forwards would do with Roughy trying to man them?

As for Sicily at CHF... I assume that you’re assuming that his brilliant intercepting marking in defence should directly translate to him being a marking CHF? It doesn’t.

Sicily is brilliant when he gets to out-mark his opponent, but that’s not what happens when you’re CHF. The CHB isn’t trying to mark the ball - he’s trying to spoil you marking the ball. At CHF, Sicily is 5+cm short & 8+kg light to me a dominant marking force. Bigger/stronger/faster CHB would scragg & ruin him; he’d be lucky to grab 3 marks a week & we’d lose the best intercept & rebounding defender in the league.

Sicily as a permanent Forward just isn’t a thing.

burner1

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawks
While he was possibly underdone in the finals, he began to be quiteexposed defensively with teams playing through his man. His offensive side is fantastic but teams are now putting in a lot of work in how to stop/exploit him.

Don’t think he can play CHB long-term as don’t think he’ll ever be solid enough defensively. But if we can free him up in a flank he is a weapon with his intercept marking and kicking.

I think burton, Stratton and Sicily never quite gelled this year - with burton gone hopefully they can figure it out.

Could/would/should have been AA if not for injury.

There were times during the year where he looked too good even for AFL level.

While he was possibly underdone in the finals, he began to be quiteexposed defensively with teams playing through his man. His offensive side is fantastic but teams are now putting in a lot of work in how to stop/exploit him.

Don’t think he can play CHB long-term as don’t think he’ll ever be solid enough defensively. But if we can free him up in a flank he is a weapon with his intercept marking and kicking.

I think burton, Stratton and Sicily never quite gelled this year - with burton gone hopefully they can figure it out.

He dropped marks he never would have dropped prior to a wrist injury, and was even handballing a little bit funny in that Richmond game. He was underdone, I don't think that happens if he was fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

burger09

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He did look like AFL was a level below him at times in 2018.
His best is ridiculous.

A truely elite mark and kick player.

He is at his best when the ball is in front of him. I'm not sure he has the elite agility/turning circle to be an elite forward at his size. He's not slow in straight lines though. It's something he may develop or may never have.

I'm happy with him in defence. Such a weapon.

D

Deleted member 170709

Play him CHF like Dermie
Can kick them like a mule from 60m, or hit up forwards on the chest lace out
Will create buzz up forward with xfactor
Forward ace up our sleave
If Lewis comes on to boot gives our forward line a new dimension and potency
Throw in Wingard plus a plethora of dangerous forwards to choose from with Gunston roaming and we are high scoring again
Be fun to watch Sic up forward again

TallyHawk

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2010
Bunbartha
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City FC
Play him CHF like Dermie
Can kick them like a mule from 60m, or hit up forwards on the chest lace out
Will create buzz up forward with xfactor
Forward ace up our sleave
If Lewis comes on to boot gives our forward line a new dimension and potency
Throw in Wingard plus a plethora of dangerous forwards to choose from with Gunston roaming and we are high scoring again
Be fun to watch Sic up forward again

This can only happen if Scrimshaw assumes his role down back, who knows O'Brien may also mature in the back half.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back