Review 6 - James Sicily (2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

you know it makes sense.
30 goals as a skinny runt, he would kick 60 these days playing there full-time.

Sicily is the most valuable KPP in the league.
No other player is elite like he is at both ends of the field.
Gunston is close -probably has a better running game - but Sicily has him covered for aerial ability, contested marking and a laser-like field kick.

Would love to see Sicily play forward more often this year, unfortunately I don't think it will happen as much as I'd like.

I'm hoping that once Jack Scrimshaw solidifies his spot in the side, that will change things.

May sound funny but I'd like him to show a bit more urgency chasing the ground ball- he's very laconic at times and often goes one handed. Maybe he just makes everything seem easy.

Noticed he dropped quite a few marks during both JLT games that he would normally clunk. Wondering if he’s still hampered by that hand injury he suffered at the back end of last season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even Hawthorn supporters don't fully realise that Sicily is the most potent offensive player in the competition.
Elite forward, elite defender.
Kills it wherever he goes.

Noticed he dropped quite a few marks during both JLT games that he would normally clunk. Wondering if he’s still hampered by that hand injury he suffered at the back end of last season?

Had 7 marks inside 50 as a forward and 2 contested marks in defense both in pretty limited game time. Pretty ridiculous considering he was tapering his work rate as it was a JLT. He didn't seem too hampered to me and still performed well above expectation.

Had 7 marks inside 50 as a forward and 2 contested marks in defense both in pretty limited game time. Pretty ridiculous considering he was tapering his work rate as it was a JLT. He didn't seem too hampered to me and still performed well above expectation.
I just remember saying to myself on a few occasions 'gee he would have marked that last season' but you're right it was only JLT, probably just a bit rusty like most players this time of year. Here's hoping for an injury free season (and suspension free) for 'The Don' so he can really elevate himself to the next level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back