Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any tips how to explain this to a 4 year old?

I’m 39 and struggling with it

Bring on when we play them, Archer will bury the SA toss bag

Kids love shiny new toys. All the little joeys will be big Wardlaw/Cadman/Sheezel fans come draft night I’m sure.

I was a shattered little bloke when Carey left, Daniel Wells then became my favourite player until the day he left. Players will always come and go, I’m sure the young lad/lass already knows the colours on the front mean more then the numbers on the back.

Just remember, don’t let the narrative change from hes dogging North to, oh he’s just a young kid from SA and the best thing for everyone is that the deal just get done quickly because (insert emotional speech) and then everyone is happy.

I say, NO * YOU. North need to own this conversation because the narrative is everything. Can’t have campaigners on tarde radio playing their violins talking about how tough it’s been for him. People start buying into that s**t

Little snake had this planned all along, he can go to port and watch them never have any sucess. If port think pick 8 and next years is going to work they are in for a world of shock

I love TT, but I'm bracing myself for the possibility that he could be in GC by the end of the week. I'm hoping that its not the case.
TT is the most talented player on our list. I'm OK with JHF leaving, but we cannot lose TT. We've got to keep him to his contract, unless we receive a mind blowing offer.

If I'm north. I'm ringing him up at 430 am tomorrow and saying thanks for your trade request but you will not be leaving. You also will not be playing afl next year and training vfl exclusively
If I’m North. I’m not even picking up the phone to Port for a few days.

When I do pick it up it would be a short conversation telling them that they will pay through the nose and don’t bother calling back unless you are totally uncomfortable with what you are giving up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will be booed for a long time.
I think the boos will come from other club supporters too. They all know the draft order and at any time in the future, they'd expect their first rounders to at least honour the contract they signed. This could be them on any given year.

4x 800k is the word going around. I wonder what Jase’s new teammates will think of that, especially seeing the way he behaved at stages this year.

Given we (Port) couldn’t land Dunkley Graham or Pickett there is a lot of money floating around that needs to be spent somewhere.

Neither SA club is finishing bottom next year. Were more of a chance and we can just draft him again.

Don’t buy into the talk of ”contracts dont mean anything“, yeah they bloody do and as it stands hes our player, so unless they pay overs he’s ours next year, and he can take his chances with the PSD, he might end up at the Gold Coast or in WA or NSW.. nah, we‘ll get a good deal next year, he’s not taken that chance.

Which eve way this flops our people just need to be staunch.

You need to be realistic, we aren't drafting him again.

I didn't say the contract means nothing, you just don't have the same bargaining power when someone is not contracted, that is a reality of life. If we don't like the offer we have the power to say no trade, it's an advantage. If we don't trade him and next year rolls around and he asks to be traded again then we are in the same spot, lost another year and can't say no next year.

Anyway, it is beyond our pay grade, I am sure the club will figure out what is the best cause of action and by the club I assume Viney and Clarkson from the shadows.

Told Junior HB 9 years of age going on 19.
Said Softy Horne Francis management has advised North he wants a trade.

Junior HB Cracked it.
Brought out his jumper with 6 on it and threw it on the kitchen table and said “Tell North to advise his Management he can piss off”
Then said
“What a dog”

He’s taken it well.

If I'm north. I'm ringing him up at 430 am tomorrow and saying thanks for your trade request but you will not be leaving. You also will not be playing afl next year and training vfl exclusively
Why would we keep him in the VFL only to see his value drop? That is not shrewd business.

As the club said, we'll be open to trading him, but for a deal that suits us, not him.

The biggest question in my mind...

Who do we want Round 1...
* or Port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back