Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo202

All Australian
Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Absolute scum-buckets the AFL media. Even Watson's language here about JHF being 'dumped' is needlessly divisive and hurtful.
No way they'd ever consider making constructive, meaningful comments. Don't get me wrong, I'm not naive to think any of them have a moral compass but I'm stunned they'd rather heap more pressure on this kid rather than pure focus on Cunners. A little like the way they push and push and apply pressure on an under siege coach where they won't relent until he's sacked, I feel they have the same end game here. There goal being to push and push and apply pressure to both JHF and the club to the point that he sees the only option available to him as the easy option, and believe all the hype.
He's played many more games than most of the other kids taken in last year's top 20. He's played plenty more games than the last few Number 1 picks.

Hoping he has strong, good people advising him. People like Boomer who can help steer him in the right direction away from all the white noise.
Still believe he can be a star for the NMFC, despite the fact the media would love nothing more than to engineer a divorce.
So true the media in general a such hypocritical vultures, championing all the right causes when it suits, then piling on when it generates clicks.

it.JPG

This from the media arm of the actual league itself is just ridiculous (and probably not even the best example of it!) They stood down Mitch Cleary a couple of years ago when he shared an already public instagram post, that in itself showed someone doing the wrong thing.

Yet we cop this biased, inflammatory and even just plain wrong drivel week in week out. Suggesting a contracted player could or should demand to leave his club for being dropped is bad enough, but to do it without all the information, joining in a pile on the club and player - from the AFL's own media, absolutely disgraceful!

Last edited:

Supa_Nova

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I said it at the time, an 18 year old doesn't get to stand in the middle of the oval at the end of a quarter arguing with Goldy about what needs to be done. Things were clearly amiss at that point and obviously haven't gotten any better
I think we were all, myself included, hoping what we were seeing wasnt that bad. Again, maybe its in his DNA to be like that, which is what might make him a "generational talent". A whole lot to play out still. Chance to play with al clarkson one of them.

God, potentially Patch rang clarkson "mate, this has happened. I wanna drop him pending your approval since this is your future"
Clarskon "drop him from the team then drop him on his ass. You're the coach until i am next year. trust your gut"

So You Think

Miracle on Arden St
Feb 28, 2011
Hotel Kensington
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Absolute scum-buckets the AFL media. Even Watson's language here about JHF being 'dumped' is needlessly divisive and hurtful.
No way they'd ever consider making constructive, meaningful comments. Don't get me wrong, I'm not naive to think any of them have a moral compass but I'm stunned they'd rather heap more pressure on this kid rather than pure focus on Cunners. A little like the way they push and push and apply pressure on an under siege coach where they won't relent until he's sacked, I feel they have the same end game here. There goal being to push and push and apply pressure to both JHF and the club to the point that he sees the only option available to him as the easy option, and believe all the hype.
He's played many more games than most of the other kids taken in last year's top 20. He's played plenty more games than the last few Number 1 picks.

Hoping he has strong, good people advising him. People like Boomer who can help steer him in the right direction away from all the white noise.
Still believe he can be a star for the NMFC, despite the fact the media would love nothing more than to engineer a divorce.

I think we were all, myself included, hoping what we were seeing wasnt that bad. Again, maybe its in his DNA to be like that, which is what might make him a "generational talent". A whole lot to play out still. Chance to play with al clarkson one of them.

God, potentially Patch rang clarkson "mate, this has happened. I wanna drop him pending your approval since this is your future"
Clarskon "drop him from the team then drop him on his as

Generational talents all do the one presenters over and over again, they naturally know the drill with out it being drilled in by others.

Eg, The Duck might have many failings but taking short cuts on the training track was not one of them.

What did Nicks say?

Both SA clubs have reportedly made inquiries this season about the future of the highly-touted 19-year-old, who is averaging 16.31 disposals and 3.6 clearances from 16 games.

Before last year’s draft, North Melbourne rejected Adelaide’s offer of pick 4 and two 2022 first-round selections for the opening call and a future second-rounder.

Asked what his reaction was when he saw Horne-Francis had been axed for Saturday’s game, Nicks said: “I say this every week, they’re ins and outs, so no different”.

The coach did reiterate that the club targeted South Australian players and was always looking to improve its squad.

“We’ll continue to work on our list management strategies, (but) we don’t take any notice of what the team we’re playing this week are doing,” he said.

“We look at the ins that come in because that’s what we’re coming up against

So You Think

Miracle on Arden St
Feb 28, 2011
Hotel Kensington
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
What did Nicks say?

What did Nicks say?

If he's going to be a bulger, then what other club would be serious in obtaining him? Even FIGJAM was a pro, even though initially he didn't want to be were he was. It is professional sport now and not drink your own bath water bullshit, there are plenty that would willingly take his spot, even with no pay.

Mr Lloyd Christmas

Premiership Player
May 5, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not dropped for poor form.

Yes he has been. Still best player in draft imo.

Sure coaches won't say it (divert to other issues so media don't crucify us on wrong pick etc) but clearly he has been playing poorly, and I welcome the decision as he has been shithouse, selfish and lazy.

It's not the JHF footy club, it's North.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back