Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys will be fine.

2x first rounders, another decent young player like Bergman tacked on.

You don’t want to keep players who don’t have any interest in playing for the club and continue to undermine the coaching group and footy program.

JHF struggled with the weight of being Pick 1 - wonder how he is now going to cope with the added expectation of a massive contract?

Seems awful now, but you’ll be laughing in 12 months time.
Totally agree

I'm not sure why half the people in here want to play super strict hard-ball here - he's going home either now or at the end of next year, and we're likely to get more now.

He's requested a trade and has shown to have a pretty average attitude if it's not going his way - I don't want this sort of stench at the club.

Get rid of him this trade period and take more to the draft this year and next - I love a good death ride.
Ditto.

I'll take Sinn, Ports first round pick and Butters as the "steak knives' :thumbsu:

I've backed JHF all year to anyone I've spoken with. So tonight's news was initially upsetting.

Now that a little time has passed... I've come to terms with it all pretty quickly. It was always so tiring to justify his poor actions on the field (stopped trying, treating Goldy with no respect, not following club rules etc) because I held out hope that he was just wearing his heart on his sleeve...

In hindsight... his actions were simply not acceptable. If this whispers on here are correct about his team mates... then this is definitely a good thing.
Let's just all remember... we barrack for NMFC... not JHF.

Last edited:
If you take the emotion and sense of betrayal out of it, then this can be a net-good for the club.

Port absolutely have to pay top-dollar for him, both because of who he is, but also the circumstances inside Alberton. The Hinkley administration has been battling a perception the club "can't attract star players", and this type of move gets the fans and sponsors/coteries off their back.

So NMFC will get two 1sts and a great young player in return.

That gives us flexibility to rebuild our list even quicker, either via the draft or via trades.

JHF has continuously showed his true colours all season, and it's undeniable he isn't a shinboner.

Let's build a team of stud players we actually want to root for.

I'm also at the acceptance point, within an hour of my initial "Noooooooooooo" reaction. It's probably for the best all round.

The kid is very immature and VERY poorly advised, so I'm not going to harbour a grudge against him.

I agree with Chad here. It's pretty clear that Port (via FF, I assume) have been in his ear since he was drafted, so they simply must make it happen because the optics of them failing to land him would be unbearable for them. They would be lynched if Adelaide were able to do a better deal and grab him.

If the rumours that he's using the Clarkson stuff as an excuse holds any truth, it's just that - an excuse.
Either Clarkson gets found to have not done what's claimed, and there's no issue. Or he did do it, and Clarko gets sacked, which again means no issue.

I'm also at the acceptance point, within an hour of my initial "Noooooooooooo" reaction. It's probably for the best all round.

The kid is very immature and VERY poorly advised, so I'm not going to harbour a grudge against him.

I agree with Chad here. It's pretty clear that Port (via FF, I assume) have been in his ear since he was drafted, so they simply must make it happen because the optics of them failing to land him would be unbearable for them. They would be lynched if Adelaide were able to do a better deal and grab him.
I mean 800k for 4 years, that's not something you conjure up over night. This would have been in the works for months. And Port don't seem like they will die wondering with that sort of offer for a 19 year old

I don't think he has backflipped. He's waited until the night before trade period to tell us, and Port already has an offer ready to go.

I think the question is how long has he had this plan locked in.
As I said shows very poor character to wait until the last minute, instead of being upfront and giving the club more time to consider deals.

This has been stage managed to try and shaft us.

This little prick wanted to be pick 1 and bullshitted that he was loyal.
He’s a sook and we made excuses for his carry on all season but in the end he’s immature. He’ll cop it on field and off- don’t think fulfill he’s potential. He’s to easily put off.
Mentally weak

Port pony up butters and 2 first rounders or he stays

I've backed JHF all year to anyone I've spoken with. So tonight's news was initially upsetting.

Now that a little time has passed... I've come to terms with it all pretty quickly. It was always so tiring to justify his poor actions on the field (stopped trying, treating Goldy with no respect, not following club rules etc) because I held out hope that he was just wearing his heart on his sleeve...

In hindsight... his actions were simply not acceptable. If this whispers on here are correct about his team mates... then this is definitely a good thing.

Was it any coincidence that our only win this year (I don't really count WCE as a win) was without him?
He played in the Richmond game.

You have much less bargaining power out of contract, there is always the risk Port have a shocking year and end up on the bottom. We would get boned if that happens.

It can also be cancerous to have someone who doesn't want to be around with young players, it is hardly going to foster a good environment.

Neither SA club is finishing bottom next year. Were more of a chance and we can just draft him again.

Don’t buy into the talk of ”contracts dont mean anything“, yeah they bloody do and as it stands hes our player, so unless they pay overs he’s ours next year, and he can take his chances with the PSD, he might end up at the Gold Coast or in WA or NSW.. nah, we‘ll get a good deal next year, he’s not taken that chance.

Which eve way this flops our people just need to be staunch.

Was it any coincidence that our only win this year (I don't really count WCE as a win) was without him?

Thought he played v Richmond?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the rumours that he's using the Clarkson stuff as an excuse holds any truth, it's just that - an excuse.
Either Clarkson gets found to have not done what's claimed, and there's no issue. Or he did do it, and Clarko gets sacked, which again means no issue.

That is piss poor excuse. He just can’t handle being not around his family.

Fair. But still, he barely gave it his all with us. Madonna.

The risk is he request a trade next year again being not contacted you won’t get as much as you will this year. You hold the power this year. I think it’s brave to hold him to the contract but it will be brilliant if you can get him to stay long term. Again it’s a risk coz you probably won’t get x2 first rounders next year

Rubbish.

Any tips how to explain this to a 4 year old?

I’m 39 and struggling with it

Bring on when we play them, Archer will bury the SA toss bag
Just tell your 4 year old that he isn’t a good person and it’s best that we get rid of him LOL

Tell your 4 year to idolise someone with character not a gutless sook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back