Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis [Part II] - NM trade JHF & #1 for Sheezel, Wardlaw, CHarvey & PA 2023 1st - you were never one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

What did Adelaide offer last year for Pick 1 ?

3 first rounders ? And we knocked them back ?

Pick 10 and and pick 16 would be way unders. We need minimum 3 first rounders, or picks within the top 5 to satisfy the trade, one would think.
One was Melbourne's 2023 first and we had to give back our 2023 second. So at the time it felt very likely it could be swap 19 for 18. In the end it would have been 19 for 14, not much better

SEN employs Cane Toad Cornes.. they aren’t exactly fussy types..
I rarely listen to SEN these days, thought I'd catch the latest on Judas this morning.

Gary Lyon spoke about how the salary for media "personalities" in the USA was so good. Related back to a story 10-15 years ago when multiple outlets were clamoring for the best talent to have sport 24/7 on radio and TV. People like Stephan A Smith are paid ridiculous amounts to speak about the most absurd, controversial topics purely for ratings. Smith is paid $12 million USD a year as of 2019. To boost ratings anyway possible.

Where does Hutchy spend time? In the states. Gary Lyon admitted on air the Cornes is purely there to spark controversy for ratings, he is "the prototype".

I used to get worked up about Cornes, now I don't listen. As Lisa Simpson once sang, "Just Don't look"

lisa-simpson-just-dont-look.gif
simpsons-just-dont-look.gif

Everyone is so Buddy Buddy because he’s relevant. He coached North this year and we’re the biggest story. It’s good media. He’s a football person.

I see this as much of him staying in the game. People will be keeping a very close eye on how he handles himself and so far he hasn’t really spoken too much out of school.

He’s at the Saints, was Norths coach, been at other clubs for a long time and he hasn’t publicly given anything up. He’ll end up at the AFL imo.
I wonder if Nobel was in Brad position I wonder what picks we’d get?

I rarely listen to SEN these days, thought I'd catch the latest on Judas this morning.

Gary Lyon spoke about how the salary for media "personalities" in the USA was so good. Related back to a story 10-15 years ago when multiple outlets were clamoring for the best talent to have sport 24/7 on radio and TV. People like Stephan A Smith are paid ridiculous amounts to speak about the most absurd, controversial topics purely for ratings. Smith is paid $12 million USD a year as of 2019. To boost ratings anyway possible.

Where does Hutchy spend time? In the states. Gary Lyon admitted on air the Cornes is purely there to spark controversy for ratings, he is "the prototype".

I used to get worked up about Cornes, now I don't listen. As Lisa Simpson once sang, "Just Don't look"

lisa-simpson-just-dont-look.gif
simpsons-just-dont-look.gif
Yep. Hutchy is also obsessed with WWE. There always has to be a heel, and Kane plays it perfectly. Definitely a douche, but not one worth ever worrying about.

LOL. This blokes just as much of a gaslighter as Scott.

All Noble is trying to do is make himself look like less of an incompetent clown than he actually is.

Most of this s**t is happening because of him, so he is doing his best to try and divert people from that fact to save face and not hurt is ongoing job opportunities.

His appointment has been pivotal in this club being in a deep hole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port must have said something that gave Jason's manager confidence this deal will definitely get done.
They must have intimated what they were prepared to give up. It must have been enough to satisfy him that JHF wouldn't get stuck on the altar.
I wonder what it was.
If Port think their two first rounders are enough they are kidding themselves. Top 5 and pick 8 and its a deal, a regretful deal slightly favouring port however

All Noble is trying to do is make himself look like less of an incompetent clown than he actually is.

Most of this s**t is happening because of him, so he is doing his best to try and divert people from that fact to save face and not hurt is ongoing job opportunities.

This.

Career wise he'll be grinning from ear to ear as he watches the Clarkson and Fagan issue unfold.
That way he can deflect and say everything was fine before he left.

The higher ups probably saw it s a good opportunity to get someone that could potentially sink the boots into North. Or at the very least, unload some gossip. I'm a bit disappointed he took it to be honest. Thought he'd be above it all. But i guess he's in damage repair mode and you need to sink low when that happens.

Having slept on this fiasco, I was initially wanting to * Jackson off and get what we can. As this seems to have been in making for a good while. Which I am ok with, but if you want to prise away the pick 1, you need to be able to afford to pay the price.

Don't care if we make him sit out a yr, the way we're going currently it don't seem that we'll fly up the ladder next season. So we take him in the PSD.

Or Poort find a decent pick to offer us, whether that be 2. Or 5 and their first next yr. Or even a quality footballer and 8 this yr.

Good times.

And we also should acknowledge that we on here can see JFH is NQR, why the * didn't we trade the pick last year.

Port must have said something that gave Jason's manager confidence this deal will definitely get done.
They must have intimated what they were prepared to give up. It must have been enough to satisfy him that JHF wouldn't get stuck on the altar.
I wonder what it was.

Don’t know but I agree with the sentiment that they poached him, we give our terms and tell them don’t come back till they’re met.

Poaching him is only half way, they also must satisfy North. Imagine poaching a player and then not ponying up on the required trade. Would be a shocking look, and knowing how flakey Jason is, I wouldn’t bet on him wanting to go there next year if they do him like that.

100%

Having slept on this fiasco, I was initially wanting to * Jackson off and get what we can. As this seems to have been in making for a good while. Which I am ok with, but if you want to prise away the pick 1, you need to be able to afford to pay the price.

Don't care if we make him sit out a yr, the way we're going currently it don't seem that we'll fly up the ladder next season. So we take him in the PSD.

Or Poort find a decent pick to offer us, whether that be 2. Or 5 and their first next yr. Or even a quality footballer and 8 this yr.

Good times.

And we also should acknowledge that we on here can see JFH is NQR, why the * didn't we trade the pick last year.
Pick 1 has been traded once since the 80s and it ended up being a s**t deal for the Dockers in hindsight. And they got more than either of our offers.

Don’t know but I agree with the sentiment that they poached him, we give our terms and tell them don’t come back till they’re met.

Poaching him is only half way, they also must satisfy North. Imagine poaching a player and then not ponying up on the required trade. Would be a shocking look, and knowing how flakey Jason is, I wouldn’t bet on him wanting to go there next year if they do him like that.
True, if port don’t come up with a deal, he could turn his nose up at them. Interesting theory.

If Port think their two first rounders are enough they are kidding themselves. Top 5 and pick 8 and its a deal, a regretful deal slightly favouring port however
Turn it into our favour and add a player..

If Jason doesn’t go, they’re also just as likely to lose half a dozen games in the first halve of the season, dump the coach, remove the pres and end up where we are this year. For the fans Kenny’s at the levels we were with Brad.
Would be very hard sell from then on.

Last edited:

It would be real bad news for Port, Jason and his manager.
That's why I'd love to know what their idea of a godfather offer is that guarantees this gets done.

The players didn’t like Noble and he had no idea how to coach.

Pick 1 has been traded once since the 80s and it ended up being a s**t deal for the Dockers in hindsight. And they got more than either of our offers.
Tom Scully went to GWS and Melbourne were given 2 first round picks. The Demons received the top line of compensation, a first-round selection and a mid-first round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back