Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis [Part II] - NM trade JHF & #1 for Sheezel, Wardlaw, CHarvey & PA 2023 1st - you were never one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Its amazing that there's people that (even when it's explained to them), can't understand the difference between compression due to mechanical factors (muscle pushing on an artery), and peripheral vasoconstriction.

They are completely different things.

For those with PAES, blood flow is restricted via the popliteal artery because its being pressed on by surrounding muscles due to the mechanisms of running, kicking etc. This reduces oxygenated blood going to the tissue, resulting in anaerobic metabolism and a build up of waste products in the tissue which causes cramping, pain, swelling, aching, numbness, all that fun stuff.

The actual spasming etc doesn't tend to last long after exercise is ceased, but all the crap that has built up due to it is still there causing problems.

Peripheral vasoconstriction on the other hand is the narrowing of ALL the blood vessels in the extremity, and while it sounds detrimental to induce this in athletes who need to oxygenate their tissues, there is logic to it.

First, the mechanisms used to induce vasoconstriction dulls the response of the nerves, reducing the intensity of pain signals.
Secondly, vasoconstriction of the vessels is believed to help flush metabolic waste out of the tissues.
Third, when you stop applying the mechanisms that's causing vasoconstriction, vasodilation occurs quickly, returning blood flow to the area with oxygenated blood and washing out the waste products. This vasoconstriction/dilation cycle improves blood flow, oxygenation of the tissues, stimulates the lymphatic system which increases the rate at which waste can be eliminated, and assists with overall recovery.
Heck, vasoconstriction in the muscle would have reduced inflammation, reduced the overall size of the muscle, and taken pressure off the popliteal artery, increasing the potential for blood flow.

TL;DR: no, vasoconstriction wouldn't have caused his legs to fall off.
Wonder what the actual diagnosis is. Would be interesting to hear.
Friend of mine had this, presents similarly.

Port quickly to blame us entirely for Hornes injury or slander our medical group (even though I've even questioned it in the past) for not taking care of Horne etc with zero evidence is quite reactive. The evidence of him having a awful attitude, bad work ethic, average performances, leaving the club in the way he did and more, is there for everyone to see.

I cant imagine if we held him to his contract and eventually found this out, port would be saying "Norf are so dumb for keeping him, hes a lemon, we are lucky we didn't get him".

Either way, this could work out for either clubs in a positive way. Horne could end up being a star at port for years and he never wanted to play for us anyways, but it could also be a complete bust and the blame game will appear. Time will tell.

From SEN Bryce Gibbs JHF article.

“He’s the type of player to not whinge or complain too much, especially on the field,” Gibbs explained.

LOL very funny stuff. But seriously I wonder what we made the Power aware of, just that he had pain or what the diagnosis was?
Bryce is just going in to bat for his mentee, and his experiences with JHF may be true. He dealt with him in a different environment to what we did.

From SEN Bryce Gibbs JHF article.

“He’s the type of player to not whinge or complain too much, especially on the field,” Gibbs explained.

LOL very funny stuff. But seriously I wonder what we made the Power aware of, just that he had pain or what the diagnosis was?
Actually had that exact quote on the clipboard ready to past till i see you did it already. is Gibbs a complete fool or just setting out to convince everyone he is?

Putting the vitriol to the side for a second, a 19yo athlete whose main weapon is his explosiveness from the contest has had chunks of his calf muscles removed.

Port Power can say what they want but there would have to some serious concern about his long term development now.

Putting the vitriol to the side for a second, a 19yo athlete whose main weapon is his explosiveness from the contest has had chunks of his calf muscles removed.

Port Power can say what they want but there would have to some serious concern about his long term development now.

I hope he gets back to playing and makes it as a journeyman AFL player who stays on Poort’s list for years on an over inflated salary.

Tipping there could be a slight downturn in 2023 calendar sales.....

20221101_181525_resized-jpg.1547701

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not uncommon.

When Higgins left and was a Geelong player he was in our calendar.

Calendars are prepared months in advance to allow time for printing abd and shipping so they can be on sale in the lead up to Christmas.

It’s unfortunate that sometimes things change in that time period.

Calendars are prepared months in advance to allow time for printing abd and shipping so they can be on sale in the lead up to Christmas.

It’s unfortunate that sometimes things change in that time period.
If it makes you feel better - I am sure Essendon had a 2016 calendar.

I'm glad he's gone.

Sure that might come across as sour grapes, but I genuinely am.

Some of his ongoing petulant behaviour on field this year was utterly ridiculous (and that's coming from me! lol)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back