Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have absolutely zero concerns about his ability to look after himself in this regard.
Agreed. It happened in the SANFL against adults already, plus we have a few players of our own who enjoy a good scrap and some borderline sniping if an opposition player goes overboard. Jason will be fine in this regard.

Agreed. It happened in the SANFL against adults already, plus we have a few players of our own who enjoy a good scrap and some borderline sniping if an opposition player goes overboard. Jason will be fine in this regard.

He's also got a very mean streak of his own. One of those unsociable players like Hodge or Mitchell.

The way Jason plays hes ultimately going to upset someone along the way.

who do you think will be first in for us?
Jye, Jed, Thomas, Cunners?
first time in a long time you get a sense of one in all in..

The way Jason plays hes ultimately going to upset someone along the way.

who do you think will be first in for us?
Jye, Jed, Thomas, Cunners?
first time in a long time you get a sense of one in all in..
I think he's/goater are going to give a bit of a reality check to some of the 3-5 years as to the talent that's coming through and the work that needs to be out in every session to keep up.

I think he's/goater are going to give a bit of a reality check to some of the 3-5 years as to the talent that's coming through and the work that needs to be out in every session to keep up.
we’re certainly stacked in midfield rotations;
fingers crossed all of these kids come on, a lot of them will still need protection. it’s why Greenwood was such a fantastic acquisition, still laughing how we managed to get him for cap space.

we’re certainly stacked in midfield rotations;
fingers crossed all of these kids come on, a lot of them will still need protection. it’s why Greenwood was such a fantastic acquisition, still laughing how we managed to get him for cap space.
Goater 100% will end up playing that whitfield off HB role for us.
I cant wait.

Assuming Jason is ticking all the off-field boxes in the preseason you'd think the club would be moving to extend his contract early a la how we did it with LDU. Although we had cap space to use up when we got Luke.

Jason's current contract will expire end of 2023. An extension until end of 2025 would be the standard rollover for draftees. But with his interstate status maybe immediately extending until end of 2026 might work better.

Assuming Jason is ticking all the off-field boxes in the preseason you'd think the club would be moving to extend his contract early a la how we did it with LDU. Although we had cap space to use up when we got Luke.

Jason's current contract will expire end of 2023. An extension until end of 2025 would be the standard rollover for draftees. But with his interstate status maybe immediately extending until end of 2026 might work better.

I imagine like Powell & WP it'll happen around the bye.

We must have really put him through the ringer today.
Saw him leave the main group to take a few huffs on his asthma puffer about 3/4th way through the session this morning.
Exercise induced asthma is more common than you think. 90% of people with Asthma, 50% of them are elite/competitive athletes.

Jason Horne-Francis - 6

Number one draft pick Horne-Francis will wear the number six, having been presented his jumper by North legend and fellow South Australian Malcolm Blight on draft night.

One of just two numbers to be worn in all four of the club’s premierships, the No.6 was worn by Arnold Briedis for the 1975 flag and again in 1977, when he kicked five goals in the Grand Final replay.

Club icon Ian Fairley played 211 of his 216 games with the six on his back, including the 1996 grand final, while Shannon Grant won the 1999 Norm Smith wearing it following Fairley’s retirement.

Jason Horne-Francis - 6

Number one draft pick Horne-Francis will wear the number six, having been presented his jumper by North legend and fellow South Australian Malcolm Blight on draft night.

One of just two numbers to be worn in all four of the club’s premierships, the No.6 was worn by Arnold Briedis for the 1975 flag and again in 1977, when he kicked five goals in the Grand Final replay.

Club icon Ian Fairley played 211 of his 216 games with the six on his back, including the 1996 grand final, while Shannon Grant won the 1999 Norm Smith wearing it following Fairley’s retirement.

Hopefully he'll be wearing it for number 6!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club icon Ian Fairley played 211 of his 216 games with the six on his back, including the 1996 grand final

Just a quick moment to reminisce on how cool Ian Fairley's finale was.

For any folks who aren't aware, Fairley was playing as a blue collar undersized KPD in 1996. Got monstered a couple of times during the year and Pagan said people even wrote to him pleading with him not to play Fairley in the finals.

Fairley ended up having a strong finals series including the 1996 grand final. To cap it off, he followed his man down into the North forward line late in the game, took a contested grab and finished his 216 game career with the last goal in the grand final of the AFL 100 year anniversary.

Not a bad full stop to your playing days.

For any folks who aren't aware, Fairley was playing as a blue collar undersized KPD in 1996. Got monstered a couple of times during the year and Pagan said people even wrote to him pleading with him not to play Fairley in the finals.

Fairley ended up having a strong finals series including the 1996 grand final. To cap it off, he followed his man down into the North forward line late in the game, took a contested grab and finished his 216 game career with the last goal in the grand final of the AFL 100 year anniversary.

Please, could you just not remind me how long ago it was with these bleeding heart reminiscences, my gout flares very time

Please, could you just not remind me how long ago it was with these bleeding heart reminiscences, my gout flares very time

Mate it's depressing.

Every reference I have in life (as we all do) just gets weirder with the passing of time.

I think the rollover into the 2000s makes the perspective worse. It's like everything after 2000 somehow feels like it should be recent then you think "**** the Carey fallout was 20 years ago".

Mate it's depressing.

Every reference I have in life (as we all do) just gets weirder with the passing of time.

I think the rollover into the 2000s makes the perspective worse. It's like everything after 2000 somehow feels like it should be recent then you think "**** the Carey fallout was 20 years ago".

Yes this freaks me out too. Since when is 2009 retro? o_O

That goal cost me a hyper tech computer. Correct margin got the computer. All I needed was for him to miss.

It was one of my all time favorite things in footy actually.

Following on from Liamboy.
JHF is now the 8th player to wear the #6 since 1948. 7 of them have their names on the locker. Garner the odd man out.
I have a #6 jumper somewhere signed by Dugger (2), Arnie (3), Flossie (4) and Shagger (5). Never got around to getting Lachie to sign it, although I did tell him that he must play over 100 games when he was drafted, to maintain the tradition.
Very happy in the Reeves household tonight
Arnie would have been a good get. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back