Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Lloyd Christmas

Premiership Player
May 5, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not confusing at all, were effectively talking about an 18 year old kid. Contrary to popular opinion 18 year Olds dont know everything. They just think they do.

Well it's confusing to me as Daicos (not saying i'd prefer him) has no knock on his effort or application, like JHF has (and rightly so, just surprised me)

Mr Lloyd Christmas

Premiership Player
May 5, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Daicos is also playing in a fun environment and winning team that sets up to get him the ball.

Oh for sure. He certainly has been given an easier access to AFL footy.

Just the lack of professionalism and "he's just a kid" style comments do not at all line up with why he was drafted number one.

Can anyone remember the first time they moved out of home?

I moved to WA for my first job or of uni and first time living out of home. It was exciting, no-one to answer to, no parents lurking about. Experiencing that real freedom as an adult for the first time. It's natural that boundaries are pushed by young adults as they grow and explore. For most of us, it probably looks something like a few weeknight drinks getting out hand and being hungover at work the next day and your boss mentioning it. For AFL players, it's obviously different criteria.

He'll find his groove and learn where the line is.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's true. Still doesn't explain his bizarre behaviour onfield and if these "icebath" reports etc are correct.

I'm backing him in, but he needed a reality check imo and I fully support the decision that was made.
Frustration effects the way people react, iam sure you can appreciate that.

Zebrah

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2011
Arden Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On the positive side, I don’t remember him getting that many high possession (25+) games in SANFL.

The fact that has has gone back to VFL and twice got 30 possessions indicates being in an AFL environment has already taken him to another level.

If it starts to click on effort and standards, look out. That is all I want see next week. I don’t care if he gets 10 possession, I just want to see a guy busting his arse for the club and his teammates.

Screenshot_20220814-080531_Samsung Internet.jpg

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
its interesting because surely his contact value has gone down if he has done a Ben Brown and refused to sign in the hope of getting more than having a poor year. will other clubs come as hard? if they do can we justify big bucks to retain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back