Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This applies to tweets, too:

Betteridge's law of headlines is an adage that states: "Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no." It is named after Ian Betteridge, a British technology journalist who wrote about it in 2009, although the principle is much older. It is based on the assumption that if the publishers were confident that the answer was yes, they would have presented it as an assertion; by presenting it as a question, they are not accountable for whether it is correct or not.
100%

I already responded with this...

Are you saying it happened, or are you trying to kick up some dirt and if you find something, claim it as a scoop?

Ischenko

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's all good. It wasn't getting to me what others were saying about the club, it was the reaction to some of my posts. I will just ignore and scroll past those in future. I hope we are celebrating a win on Saturday or at least a big show of effort which if we don't win, is all we want to see. Have a good night!
You too! Ultimately we all want the same thing. I appreciate your response, I won’t be so quick to say dumb s**t in future. Go Roos.

Perhaps this has already been mentioned here and my penchant for speed reading (skip multiple pages) has caused me to miss it.

Whatever the case it is worth saying again anyway. Kingy gave Sam "I'm a smartarse" Edmund a bit of a touch up on SEN this evening about the timing of the "JHF has put contract talks on hold until the end of the season" story.

It seems that the talks were put on hold before the season even started, "I'm a smartarse" claims that he knew that and reported it at the same time he wrote his piece last week. Maybe he did, but maybe also he saw a perfect opportunity to cause a lot of mischief and of course that is exactly what he has done.

What a terrible piece of journalism that is to sow the seeds that JHF is unhappy and thinking of going home, thus putting off contract talks - the inference being it happened just last week - in a week when our club has been getting a bit of touch up from everywhere.

Journalists only have themselves to blame for their shocking reputations, when they do stuff like this.

On an opposite and positive note, today on Whateley on SEN, Brenton Sanderson was asked (in his role as the Strategist on that show) to rate where North is at so far this year. His assessment was that we are exactly where we should be expected to be in a rebuild of the sort we are going through. He noted a number of positive aspects of our performance, that we/Noble have/has a clear game plan, which is being undone in part because we are not yet experienced enough to implement it properly and that we are like the Geelong team of the early 2000s, Hawthorn also of that era and more recently Melbourne in their rebuild.

His take was very positive and unlike the vast number of posters here, he has actually studied us closely and has some facts to back up his view of where we are at. He like many others said we have to be PATIENT. This is not a 1/2 year journey, it will take 5 plus years was his message.

Last edited:

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
The kid is enjoying being at NM. He knew going pick 1 meant he'd be going to a team that was underperforming and had no illusions about that.
Given his performance to date, this is nothing more than his manager doing the right thing by his client and leveraging North for a good deal. I'd do exactly the same if I was Jason or his manager. We'll do a deal and he will sign. The question is how big is the deal.
Agree, and it will be MASSIVE obviously......that you Jas?

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The kid is enjoying being at NM. He knew going pick 1 meant he'd be going to a team that was underperforming and had no illusions about that.
Given his performance to date, this is nothing more than his manager doing the right thing by his client and leveraging North for a good deal. I'd do exactly the same if I was Jason or his manager. We'll do a deal and he will sign. The question is how big is the deal.
The announcement for an extension and a press conference being organised at the the start of the season is a bit strange though

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Perhaps this has already been mentioned here and my penchant for speed reading (skip multiple pages) has caused me to miss it.

Whatever the case it is worth saying again anyway. Kingy gave Sam "I'm a smartarse" Edmund a bit of a touch up on SEN this evening about the timing of the "JHF has put contract talks on hold until the end of the season" story.

It seems that the talks were put on hold before the season even started, "I'm a smartarse" claims that he knew that and reported it at the same time he wrote his piece last week. Maybe he did, but maybe also he saw a perfect opportunity to cause a lot of mischief and of course that is exactly what he has done.

What a terrible piece of journalism that is to sew the seeds that JHF is unhappy and thinking of going home, thus putting off contract talks - the inference being it happened just last week - in a week when our club has been getting a bit of touch up from everywhere.

Journalists only have themselves to blame for their shocking reputations, when they do stuff like this.

On an opposite and positive note, today on Whateley on SEN, Brenton Sanderson was asked (in his role as the Strategist on that show) to rate where North is at so far this year. His assessment was that we are exactly where we should be expected to be in a rebuild of the sort we are going through. He noted a number of positive aspects of our performance, that we/Noble have/has a clear game plan, which is being undone in part because we are not yet experienced enough to implement it properly and that we are like the Geelong team of the early 2000s, Hawthorn also of that era and more recently Melbourne in their rebuild.

His take was very positive and unlike the vast number of posters here, he has actually studied us closely and has some facts to back up his view of where we are at. He like many others said we have to be PATIENT. This is not a 1/2 year journey, it will take 5 plus years was his message.
Great post Horace Agree, the media are lower than shark s**t. Pathetic.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Honestly sounds like Kingy is the only person related to club land that is sticking up for us.. which is normal for him. Surely he would be at wits end. Would be great if Brayshaw, Carey or others would jump in.
It’s no massive surprise from those two…….Carey couldn’t give a s**t about NMFC, such is his massive ego……. but he’s also a moron and wouldn’t see the benefit of what his words and attitude could do. Just not smart enough.
Brayshaw has got the brace and bits, doesn’t feel like he’s adored enough by the north faithful. He’s also a sycophant, so would just hitch his wagon to the popular theory. Have never been convinced he has his own opinion on much.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I am told he has already fronted the Leadership group a few weeks ago for being late to training after a night out.
That's all that was for? When you mentioned previously you heard he had to front the leadership group I was worried it was for something far more serious.

As long as he doesn't make a habit of it and stops it from affecting his training, that is a pretty minor incident. I wouldn't be shocked if everyone in our leadership group had been through the same ritualistic humiliation themselves.

Apr 29, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

What a terrible piece of journalism that is to sew the seeds that JHF is unhappy and thinking of going home, thus putting off contract talks - the inference being it happened just last week - in a week when our club has been getting a bit of touch up from everywhere.

Thanks for sharing! I also missed it.

Thank you David King.

Sam, you little sneaky snake!

Ben Amarfio was interviewed on 3aw during the week and they raised the JHF contract situation with him. Honestly, given the above, and the negative media that surrounded that story, you would think if Ben had half a brain he would have taken the opportunity to put that on the record. Would have been the perfect opportunity to do so! Asleep at the wheel.

Interesting re Sanderson’s thoughts too. Along with Luke Hodge’s thoughts and Clarko reiterating this evening the most important aspect of a rebuild is to stick to the plan, I hope they give Noble a decent crack at it despite the temptation of Clarkson.

Apr 29, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s no massive surprise from those two…….Carey couldn’t give a s**t about NMFC, such is his massive ego……. but he’s also a moron and wouldn’t see the benefit of what his words and attitude could do. Just not smart enough.
Brayshaw has got the brace and bits, doesn’t feel like he’s adored enough by the north faithful. He’s also a sycophant, so would just hitch his wagon to the popular theory. Have never been convinced he has his own opinion on much.
I tend to think Carey does care deep down but given he’s not been welcomed back with open arms, I think he struggles with that due to his ego so he goes on the attack so to speak.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I tend to think Carey does care deep down but given he’s not been welcomed back with open arms, I think he struggles with that due to his ego so he goes on the attack so to speak.
Fair enough. I personally think he feels he did everything for North and we owe him. He doesn't appear to have much humility.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Woke up to a message today from me mate and fellow kangas fan, apparently had one of JHF’s mates in at his work yesterday and was told he will be coming home asap.

Praying this is b.s but I do trust the person who told me unfortunately.
6fwcua.jpg

The announcement for an extension and a press conference being organised at the the start of the season is a bit strange though

The whole timeline the media has tried to put out there has made zero sense.

We had a video package and media conference ready to go because he was signing before the season started, but he's only putting off talks NOW because of how bad we've gone over the first 6 weeks.

I mean, JHF is good, but I didn't know he was also a psychic and knew how we were going to go before the season started.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's all that was for? When you mentioned previously you heard he had to front the leadership group I was worried it was for something far more serious.

As long as he doesn't make a habit of it and stops it from affecting his training, that is a pretty minor incident. I wouldn't be shocked if everyone in our leadership group had been through the same ritualistic humiliation themselves.
I'm late for meetings every day, if in the same position I'd basically bring a blanket and pillow to wherever the leadership group are!

From the King himself:

So, can North Melbourne orchestrate a similar turnaround with a few more years of top drafting and shrewd trading? The Demons example would be my ‘sell’ to someone like Jason Horne-Francis.

The wheel will turn, and the rewards are even greater for having endured the early pain.

While it’s always a touch concerning to hear a player as valuable as Horne-Francis has put off contract talks, I hope he’s one of the pillars that helps this club move forward.

From what I’ve seen of him on-field, I believe he’ll be a player who can drive those important standards for years to come.

In the meantime, there’s much for my old mob to get right and a few more harsh words might be needed along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back