Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I certainly hope you are right. And all I have really seen of him to be honest is that prelim he dominated late last season. So from what I've seen he certainly looked like it.

I'd just hate to see everyone have these enormous expectations that he can't live up to, and then everyone turns on him. I've see it happen far too many times, not only with previous and current north players, but also in other sports I follow.

My biggest worry is that he has physically matured earlier than all the other 18 year olds and when the rest catch him he might not be so powerful and explosive. Could potentially mean his physical ceiling isn't that much higher than where he is now.

But while saying that, his skills and aggression alone should hold him in good stead to be a top player regardless of his physical development.
usually guys who mature earlier than their peers only really lose their dominance if they weren't actually that good to begin with, and their advanced physical maturity was the only actual asset they had. Jason dominated in a men's league all of 2021, and he did it with more than just physical strength. When his peers catch up to him physically what he'll still have over them is years more experience playing at that level. They might catch him by the time they're 30, but probably not because his ceiling looks to be higher than most.

but nonetheless i agree about not getting too far ahead of ourselves. anything could happen.

I certainly hope you are right. And all I have really seen of him to be honest is that prelim he dominated late last season. So from what I've seen he certainly looked like it.

I'd just hate to see everyone have these enormous expectations that he can't live up to, and then everyone turns on him. I've see it happen far too many times, not only with previous and current north players, but also in other sports I follow.

My biggest worry is that he has physically matured earlier than all the other 18 year olds and when the rest catch him he might not be so powerful and explosive. Could potentially mean his physical ceiling isn't that much higher than where he is now.

But while saying that, his skills and aggression alone should hold him in good stead to be a top player regardless of his physical development.

I wouldn’t worry. He’s not some over sized man child dominating kids. Physically he’s got development left, and his speed and explosiveness should carry over.

Honestly this kid makes me hard........start him in the guts round 1
giphy.gif

I wouldn’t worry. He’s not some over sized man child dominating kids. Physically he’s got development left, and his speed and explosiveness should carry over.
Definitely and thats the scary thing, once he develops and hits his prime he’ll be an unstoppable force.

How did ^that^ pick up come about.....sheer coincidence?

The latter, fellow team member was hosting his housemate’s birthday in inner bayside suburb, where I work from a lot

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

usually guys who mature earlier than their peers only really lose their dominance if they weren't actually that good to begin with, and their advanced physical maturity was the only actual asset they had. Jason dominated in a men's league all of 2021, and he did it with more than just physical strength. When his peers catch up to him physically what he'll still have over them is years more experience playing at that level. They might catch him by the time they're 30, but probably not because his ceiling looks to be higher than most.

but nonetheless i agree about not getting too far ahead of ourselves. anything could happen.

He's also got rare delicate skill, the ability to dob little passes by foot, take one handers etc.

That's why he was pick 1. He's got the skills of a outside runners in the body of a bulldozer,

So he has a bit of swagger/confidence/ego about him. I absolutely love it. Self confidence (without being an arrogant wank) is sometimes the difference between a player being really good, and a player being truly elite.

That belief and his natural competitiveness is something you can’t teach.

Players like Carey, Ablett and Selwood all had it.

And the mean streak. He plays to hurt within the rules. If he can land on you knee first and inflict a corky, he will. He tackles to hurt.

Reasonably sober when you picked them up Ube ?

Very much so Hojie,

I asked them a bunch of questions and they enjoyed answering them thoughtfully and elaborativilly( probably no such word, sorry)

CCJ, told me all about his dad being a former Rabbitoh, which I had no idea about, and Jase spoke dad’s career ( Fabian’s) career in glowing terms

It was a great 3 way chat, I asked Jase if he’s settling in ok, enjoying Melb, enjoying the girls ( he giggled like a kid with that one) but my favorite response was

“ So Jase, I heard you ripped yesterday’s intra game apart, BOG I’m hearing”

“ Yeah I played pretty well” , the modest response

Very much so Hojie,

I asked them a bunch of questions and they enjoyed answering them thoughtfully and elaborativilly( probably no such word, sorry)

CCJ, told me all about his dad being a former Rabbitoh, which I had no idea about, and Jase spoke dad’s career ( Fabian’s) career in glowing terms

It was a great 3 way chat, I asked Jase if he’s settling in ok, enjoying Melb, enjoying the girls ( he giggled like a kid with that one) but my favorite response was

“ So Jase, I heard you ripped yesterday’s intra game apart, BOG I’m hearing”

“ Yeah I played pretty well” , the modest response

He is enjoying Melbourne?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The latter, fellow team member was hosting his housemate’s birthday in inner bayside suburb, where I work from a lot

Sure you don't just go to training every day, jump in the car once its finished, and wait for jobs with an Arden St pick up address?

............If not, why not???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back