Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit confused as to why he needed to tell the club that he was visiting his mum on Mother's Day. Would be have had to inform them if she lived in Melbourne? She lives a 50 minute flight away in Adelaide, not Syria FFS.

If he skipped a recovery session or some other club commitment, that's a different story but hardly a hanging offence.

I'm a bit confused as to why he needed to tell the club that he was visiting his mum on Mother's Day. Would be have had to inform them if she lived in Melbourne? She lives a 50 minute flight away in Adelaide, not Syria FFS.

If he skipped a recovery session or some other club commitment, that's a different story but hardly a hanging offence.
Clearly it's not a big deal to anyone but the people who want to gin it up into a bigger story, link it to everything else that's going on and sink the boots into the club. Whatever actually happened the club made sure the official story was that he was managed (either they protected him or that's what actually happened), and he played a great game on the weekend. It's no longer an issue.

Last edited:
I love the fact that the media overlook this very important detail. He was visiting his mother on mothers day ffs!

Isn't a young man allowed to do that these days?

I love the fact that the media overlook this very important detail. He was visiting his mother on mothers day ffs!

Isn't a young man allowed to do that these days?
It's a bigger headline if it can be twisted into a sign that the club's in crisis.

Mother’s Day must be the new code for a pound of Columbia’s finest and a bunch of hookers..

It’s part of the drug testing code with the ASADA, clubs must provide up-to-date whereabouts at all times.

Edit: I’ve removed the reference to Lachie Whitfield as big_e pointed out there’s more to his suspension than simply staying at Craig Lambert’s place.

Last edited:
It’s part of the drug testing code with the ASADA, clubs must provide up-to-date whereabouts at all times.

Lachie Whitfield tried to get around testing by staying at Craig Lambert’s place and was suspended for six months.
Fair play. Thanks for clarifying.

Is there some sort distance limitation or is it just staying somewhere else overnight? Did he even stay in Adelaide overnight?

I think it would be common courtesy to have let a senior person at the club know that he would visit his mum on mothers day. By not doing it, it possibly raises questions about how comfortable he feels around the place. Would be a disgrace if he felt the club would knock it back.
That’s exactly what I was tryna say.

He has another year. Club will hold him too it. Play for us or sit out a year they should say. Need to put our balls on the line to keep him. He is more than worth the risk and fight.
Next year we win some games and he is happier and he signs on.

Will not leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lachie Whitfield tried to get around testing by staying at Craig Lambert’s place and was suspended for six months.
Missing some important context in that story....

THE AFL on Tuesday announced it had taken action under the AFL Rules for conduct prejudicial to the interests of the AFL by GWS Giants-listed player Lachlan Whitfield and former officials of the GWS Giants Football Club Graeme Allan and Craig Lambert.

The AFL Commission accepted a recommendation from Chief Executive Gillon McLachlan that Whitfield, Allan and Lambert accept the following sanctions under AFL Rule 2.3 (Conduct Unbecoming):

· Whitfield – six-month suspension.

· Allan – 12-month suspension.

· Lambert – 12-month suspension.

The suspensions commence from the date of agreement being 12 November 2016 and are based on the following admitted conduct:

Whitfield:

On Monday May 18, 2015, Whitfield sent text messages to a third party the contents of which he has subsequently denied. The messages stated that he:
· took illicit drugs on the evening of May 16, 2015;
· was staying at Lambert’s home to hide from Australian Sports Anti-Doping Agency (ASADA) drug testers;
· was doing this under the instruction of Lambert and Allan because they feared the possibility that the illicit drugs taken by Whitfield may have been contaminated with performance enhancing drugs.

Between May 18 to May 21, 2015 Whitfield:
· was advised by Lambert and Allan that he was to remain absent from the Club;
· knew that he and the Club were required to provide accurate whereabouts information;
· stayed at Lambert’s home during his absence from the Club; and

· should have taken steps to check that his whereabouts information had been recorded accurately.

From May 17, 2015 to July 22, 2015, Whitfield did not disclose to the Club (other than to Allan and Lambert) that:

· the third party emailed a Club employee on 17 May 2015 alleging that he had taken illicit (but not performance enhancing) drugs the previous evening (‘unsubstantiated allegation’);
· he denied the truthfulness of the unsubstantiated allegation;
· together with Allan and Lambert, he agreed on a course of action not to disclose the unsubstantiated allegation, or his denials of them, to any other Club personnel

Allan and Lambert:

Between May 18 to May 21, 2015:
· Allan advised Lambert that Whitfield was to remain absent from the Club;
· Allan and Lambert knew that the Club and Whitfield were required to provide accurate whereabouts information;
· Allan and Lambert knew that Whitfield stayed at Lambert’s home during his absence from the Club; and
· Allan and Lambert should have taken steps to check that Whitfield’s whereabouts information had been recorded accurately.

From May 17, 2015 to July 22, 2015, Allan and Lambert did not disclose to the Club that:
· the third party emailed a Club employee on 17 May 2015 alleging that Whitfield had taken illicit (but not performance-enhancing) drugs the previous evening;
· Whitfield denied the truthfulness of the unsubstantiated allegation;
· Allan and Lambert agreed on a course of action not to disclose the unsubstantiated allegation, or Whitfield’s denials of them, to any other Club personnel

Fair play. Thanks for clarifying.

Is there some sort distance limitation or is it just staying somewhere else overnight? Did he even stay in Adelaide overnight?
I think it’s an overnight thing, if ASADA rings the club and asks the whereabouts of a player (for drug testing) and we say, he’s at home, and he’s not we get fined.

Exactly.

What an overblown load of crap.

Could even have been a simple misunderstanding/miscommunication, but nah it has to be something real sinister......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back