Player Watch #6: Jason Horne-Francis - the Rd7 AFL Rising Star nominee - Rd12 GotY winner

Remove this Banner Ad

ArchKing Carey

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors, Arsenal FC
Best part of that interview is that JHF is moving in with PC. Love that. The future.
Nekkminit Media street will be saying "JHF and PC buying a house together which we can't categorically rule out Real estate searches in Adelaide"

Gasometer

Pretty pretty goooood!
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Gasometer would know, He's been there. I don't think he went inside though.

….always….wait outside

star wars GIF

Cyber_punk

Doomer
Feb 16, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Probably a good thing he didn't play. Would have had those crowbots in his ear all game about why he should cross over.

Then again, watching that pus unfold as a spectator might have made him think too

Mav

Premium Platinum
Mar 29, 2009
kangaplace
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone that thinks JHF wants to stick around, while his best mate at the club is acting like that, needs to be out out of their misery.

zoomba23

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone that thinks JHF wants to stick around, while his best mate at the club is acting like that, needs to be out out of their misery.
Well maybe his soon to be housemate can convince him to stick around. I'll admit tho I'm prepared for, and almost expecting, both TT and JHF to leave

Twinkletoes

Jan 28, 2004
Tender Touch
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MVFC, Storm, Everton, Socceroos
Young Jase looked pretty happy in the front row of tonight’s Aus v China basketball, alongside a few North teammates (Simpkin, Lmac, Taylor among them).

The funny, and oh so typical part was Andrew Gaze commenting, as the camera pointed along the row with five or six North players (JHF closest to camera) and way in the background near the end of the row Melbourne’s Luke Jackson, “good to see the Melbourne AFL players in attendance. Luke Jackson there, who’s been in the news today with his 7 year $10M offer”. Not a single mention of the North blokes despite them being front and centre, especially JHF in his baseball cap.

Ah well.

ferball

Premium Platinum
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Young Jase looked pretty happy in the front row of tonight’s Aus v China basketball, alongside a few North teammates (Simpkin, Lmac, Taylor among them).

The funny, and oh so typical part was Andrew Gaze commenting, as the camera pointed along the row with five or six North players (JHF closest to camera) and way in the background near the end of the row Melbourne’s Luke Jackson, “good to see the Melbourne AFL players in attendance. Luke Jackson there, who’s been in the news today with his 7 year $10M offer”. Not a single mention of the North blokes despite them being front and centre, especially JHF in his baseball cap.

Ah well.
Luke Jackson to North confirmed.

Party time Shermanator!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Are they still besties?

Both have been absent from the other's social media posts lately.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Its a Process

Team Captain
Mar 28, 2011
Nsw
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm still yet to understand why this "is he staying or leaving" is even a discussion?
Agreed, it's incredibly lazy and symptomatic of the rubbish "journalism" that we endure today.

Gold Coast have copped since they drafted King, Lukosius and Rankine. At the start of every year they are going, and then by some miracle they seem to sign again. Their agents must lick their lips every time one of the boffins on SEN open their mouth as it probably means an extra $100k per year and/or an extra year for their player.

Psicosis

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agreed, it's incredibly lazy and symptomatic of the rubbish "journalism" that we endure today.

Gold Coast have copped since they drafted King, Lukosius and Rankine. At the start of every year they are going, and then by some miracle they seem to sign again. Their agents must lick their lips every time one of the boffins on SEN open their mouth as it probably means an extra $100k per year and/or an extra year for their player.
The Tanner Bruhn situation is another that is completely neglected by the media. He has 8 games left to run on his first contract, has not signed & is likely to go home. I get he's not pick 1, but he is a first rounder. His body language on draft night says it all. It doesn't generate clicks to whack GWS though.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Tanner Bruhn situation is another that is completely neglected by the media. He has 8 games left to run on his first contract, has not signed & is likely to go home. I get he's not pick 1, but he is a first rounder. His body language on draft night says it all. It doesn't generate clicks to whack GWS though.
I remember someone made a video of his reaction with "hello darkness my old friend" playing in the background!

giantroo

Bleeding Blue and White
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Chicago Bulls

JENKINS WARNS AGAINST VFL RETURN FOR “DISGRUNTLED” NORTH YOUNG GUN​

BY ETHAN CLARK AN HOUR AGO
06NMGe22MW1194.jpg

Former Adelaide forward Josh Jenkins has warned North Melbourne against bringing Jason Horne-Francis back through the VFL if they want to retain his services beyond 2022.

ADVERTISING

The 19-year-old was suspended for two matches for striking GWS' Josh Kelly in Round 13, an act that typified the frustrating year he and his side have endured.

With the youngster free to return next weekend, it has been raised that it may be through the VFL for Horne-Francis, a decision that would leave Jenkins baffled.
“Some will query with decisions like that you may as well just drop him off at the departure lounge at Virgin and send him on his way,” Jenkins said on SEN's Crunch Time.
“Has there ever been this much noise about a first-year number one draft pick moving this quickly?
“From the outside, it looks like North want to change his attitude, behaviour and some of the way he trains and the way he conducts himself with older experienced teammates.”
The 149-game forward believes the decision to drop the number one draft pick would only add to the list of reasons that seem to be piling up for the youngster to leave the Roos.
“Horne-Francis’ view is, ‘What is this mess? They picked me, I didn’t pick them, I can go home, they desperately want me, Adelaide has shown signs that their rebuild is more advanced than North Melbourne’s and Port Adelaide have been in the mix and are still fighting’,” he said.
“There's an attractive lure on multiple fronts for Horne-Francis to go home.
“If he is disgruntled, playing him in the VFL is not going to help.
“The reality is he’s probably their sixth or seventh player picked, there is a heap of guys who have performed to a lesser standard than he has.
“You just open yourself up to a lot of stuff on the periphery. Handle the issues with him from Monday to Friday and allow the kid to continue to play AFL footy. Playing him at 11 am at Arden Street on a Saturday morning’s just going to make him more upset.”
Both North Melbourne’s senior and VFL sides will face Collingwood next round at the MCG and AIA Centre respectively – which ground Horne-Francis will appear at is yet to be seen.

Remove this Banner Ad