Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
You didn’t think that EFC media barrage today was ‘all the bullshit in the world?’

With regard to the trade period, he said he was very proud of the way the club handled it. Seems to be an obvious lie.

I do understand the "selling beans" call now but it had to be that way.

Was just something they needed to do, I'm not sure what else he or the club could have or should have said, the "lets focus on 2020 season" is the only thing that's acceptable now IMO.

If Joe come out and said I feel the club has mismanaged me, then the club say we think Joe hasn't been professional enough in his rehab, I feel that will cause to many issues. (if those were some of the reasons behind the trade request)

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Re: compo, should his body fail again - does this affect what the mystical AFL compo formula says we would get?

Assuming Sydney would still have a dip at trying to get him right, whats the compo based on, would it be what contract offer Sydney are willing to make?

If he dosent play a game next year due to inj, stocks have fallen pretty low, Syd offer 3 years at 500- would he be like a 2nd rd compo? (or we might even match that)

i dunno, all this talk of people saying we get another year out of him and the compo wont be much worse - is tempting fate.
unlikely.

Contract, age and past achievements come into it. AA & B&F plus $1m a year (if that's to be believed) should net us a 1st rounder.
We may still be better off matching and forcing a trade still. 2020 1st + 2021 1st (change to be determined based on what that 2020 1st is looking like in that draft)

As for getting another year, if we get him invested and firing on all cylinders it should mean a better year than we've experienced in the last decade and a half. worth it imo. Also shows where we are at with a fit FF and can help attract a replacement.

Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
As for getting another year, if we get him invested and firing on all cylinders it should mean a better year than we've experienced in the last decade and a half. worth it imo. Also shows where we are at with a fit FF and can help attract a replacement.

This is exactly it & in an ideal situation reminds Joe what we’re capable of as a team & he recommits.

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
Compensation will be an end of first rounder if the AFL aren't feeling generous (likely seeing as we had the opportunity to trade this year and refused) or a mid first rounder if they are feeling generous.

A fair mediator would expect the swans to offer up something similar. Depending on the ladder that could be their first or future first.

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
I do understand the "selling beans" call now but it had to be that way.

Was just something they needed to do, I'm not sure what else he or the club could have or should have said, the "lets focus on 2020 season" is the only thing that's acceptable now IMO.

If Joe come out and said I feel the club has mismanaged me, then the club say we think Joe hasn't been professional enough in his rehab, I feel that will cause to many issues. (if those were some of the reasons behind the trade request)
I'm not saying they shouldn't have done it, as you state they had to. I get that.

What I said and am interested in is seeing how many believe this PR spin. Their social media team went into over drive yesterday. Really went hard with the 'Uh, we had a slight Daniher malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?'

Interesting times.

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm not saying they shouldn't have done it, as you state they had to. I get that.

What I said and am interested in is seeing how many believe this PR spin. Their social media team went into over drive yesterday. Really went hard with the 'Uh, we had a slight Daniher malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?'

Interesting times.

I said earlier in the thread that the smart money would be on him seeking a move again at the end of 2020, like Dodoro said we hope he can fall in love with the club again, playing and winning will go a long way to that end.

Yesterday was the clubs way of saying forget the last 2 months and focus on the next 10-11, if he leaves at the end of next season we'd have planned for it, we deal and we move on.

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
I said earlier in the thread that the smart money would be on him seeking a move again at the end of 2020, like Dodoro said we hope he can fall in love with the club again, playing and winning will go a long way to that end.

Yesterday was the clubs way of saying forget the last 2 months and focus on the next 10-11, if he leaves at the end of next season we'd have planned for it, we deal and we move on.

Yeah, Dodoro's 'falling in love with a club again' line is but a way of softening the blow upon the heads of the unwashed come seasons end 2020.
All we can hope is that he can play some good footy whilst he's still here, however unlikely. :thumbsu:

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah, Dodoro's 'falling in love with a club again' line is but a way of softening the blow upon the heads of the unwashed come seasons end 2020.
All we can hope is that he can play some good footy whilst he's still here, however unlikely. :thumbsu:

I think most people realize now how much this is a business now, we just gotta roll with the punches I guess.

The biggest bitter pill to swallow will be if we have a successful season (prelim for example) on the back of Joe's good form and then leaves.

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
I think most people realize now how much this is a business now, we just gotta roll with the punches I guess.

The biggest bitter pill to swallow will be if we have a successful season (prelim for example) on the back of Joe's good form and then leaves.
I think if that happens he would think much more about staying, even for a one year contract because:
a) it means he’s healthy
b) chance at a flag

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important

I reckon a prelim would go a long way to keeping him. Anything less....

Jul 6, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Pacers
Can see big Tom sanding off the yacht on the remote sands of Coogee beach at the end

After crawling through a mile of s**t. It all makes sense now.

images (2).jpeg

Timryuken

Draftee
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I must admit I didn't think much of Joe the first time I laid eyes on him; looked like a stiff breeze would blow him over. That was my first impression of the man.

- The Tullamarine Redemption.

He looks like a constipated Tex Walker.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back