Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems he’s found what he’s always been yearning for in his superfluity to that Lions side.

He’s not and probably never will be the man or the focus and now he can sorta just cruise around and play like a big, treasonous flanker with spurts playing deep.

Like training a Grizzly bear to use a machete, it’s already a pretty dangerous proposition.

Last edited:
He did his time at the club through a very tough period. He only gets one chance at a career, I can't blame him for trying a fresh start.

Things never really went swimmingly for Joe at Essendon.

I hope he does well in every match he plays except against Essendon.

If he was such a bad trainer, we should know all about it and be able to exploit it.

We (bris) are absolutely elite at taking credit for players who got fit then left their club and came to us. Linc McCarthy played VFL for the latter half of his last season in Geelong.
Will give you one thing, you're playing him to his strengths letting him get up the ground.
Field kicking is elite.

I know that but Brisbane have Joey and Essendon went and drafted Jones.

Whilst, its still early days but Jones is showing his potential as an accurate goal kicker.
We also had Jones before Daniher left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't trade Cox for him in a million years. All's well that ends well.
Wasn’t it the Perkins pick we got for Joe? I wouldn’t trade Perkins for Joe anyway. Plus, we have an extra couple of mil in capspace.

Good luck to him. From my observations he never really seemed committed to reaching his full physical or on field potential with us which is understandable given the rabble we were for most of his time with us.

A new lease on life for him, cap space for us, getting Perkins in and allowing us to play Jones. Whilst I'd still rather have Joe playing for us we still have some positives to take.

Good luck to him. From my observations he never really seemed committed to reaching his full physical or on field potential with us which is understandable given the rabble we were for most of his time with us.

A new lease on life for him, cap space for us, getting Perkins in and allowing us to play Jones. Whilst I'd still rather have Joe playing for us we still have some positives to take.
gotta admit. the level of nervousness between Joey taking a kick v Wright/Jones is a welcome change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back