Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

BrunoV David Noble confirmed on trade radio today that Joe Daniher was completely fine throughout 2020. He chose to sit it out (save for a few games at the end) for god knows what reason. You posted many times this was the case. Did you know this as fact or was it something you deduced?

BrunoV David Noble confirmed on trade radio today that Joe Daniher was completely fine throughout 2020. He chose to sit it out (save for a few games at the end) for god knows what reason. You posted many times this was the case. Did you know this as fact or was it something you deduced?

Deduction.

Every time he returned, starting with the practice match against Carlton in 2019 he was able to leap tall buildings

There was then North on Good Friday backed up with his demolition of Darcy Moore on ANZAC day. And 65m goals.

Even when he returned against Hawthorn in 20 he took them apart as well.

That's simply not how OP works. A return from OP looks like Stewart in 2020 who could barely move in his first 2 to 3 games (after a month of scratch matches). Daniher was injured, in 2018 when he was moving with a noticeably impaired gait.

If that is genuinely the case it says so much about Essendon as a club that they continued to provide cover and tell the world he was injured.

Does anyone have a link to Noble’s comments?

I never blamed him leaving us, the entire football community can see what a mess we are and have been. However, refusing to play, faking an injury, words escape me… well they don’t, they’ll just be censored.

All I care about is him playing 99 or less games for Brisbane.

I never blamed him leaving us, the entire football community can see what a mess we are and have been. However, refusing to play, faking an injury, words escape me… well they don’t, they’ll just be censored.

All I care about is him playing 99 or less games for Brisbane.

We were fine, perfect for him actually.

Our standards were a bit lax and allowed him to be the spooge he is.

He didn't escape Essendon, he wanted to go somewhere where he wouldn't feel the pressure to play.

Such a massive waste of talent. He probably could have taken us deep into finals on the back of his ability if he had the right mentality.

But as it stands, he had a year with no pressure to prove how good he is and then retreated up his own arse because he couldn't face where things were going.

Is thst true?

Do Hawkins, Cameron, Curnow, McKay, etc defend?

I read that as putting it publicly on Daniher to be a man.
They're talking about him going missing for periods of the game. I assumed they're referring to him standing in the goal square waving his arms around and sitting on the fence.

If he's doing that defensive stuff (gets up the ground, covers a man, puts some pressure on), he'll have more opportunities to get involved offensively too, because he'll be within range as a marking target or able to win a free kick or whatever.

In that regard I think those others probably do play their role in team defence. At least the ones that have played in premierships.

Statistically:

Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 10.38.14.png Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 10.38.27.png Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 10.38.36.png Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 10.38.45.png Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 10.38.59.png

Spot the difference?

Is thst true?

Do Hawkins, Cameron, Curnow, McKay, etc defend?

I read that as putting it publicly on Daniher to be a man.
Cameron and Curnow yep.
Arguably the best key forward combo of the last 6 or 7 years in Kennedy and Darling were both very good pressure wise. Darling would be as good as any small forward in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i don't think anyone can doubt joe's been lazy since whatever that injury was in 2018. he was a competitive animal before that, what on earth happened?

still have hopes he'll rip a season to shreds in a good team. 70+ goals for the year, bullet passes, and high contested marks. i just want to see it. 'good for the game', as they say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back