Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

No one aside from petty Collingwood supporters think ill of Treloar for being honest about what happened to him at Collingwood.

Howie is spot on.
Most reasonable people are comfortable with Treloar speaking out, myself included. His former club is still hanging s**t on him even now, totally undeserved, so of course he has to defend himself.

The point is however that it’s a complete circus six months later and neither has clear air going into the new season. There aren’t too many players signing up for that kind of attention unless they’re similarly out of options.

Both club and player usually have incentives for sticking to half-truths and cliches, rather than burying one another.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
For every guy thats left there's been some piss ant excuse to validate them as the issue

Joe with the op and dodgy practices
Raz with the family ties, lack of application
Saad with the money and not liking his role
Smack with whatever smack said.... All along you've managed to angle it toward the player, never the club.

I look forward to the gymnastics used when Merrett goes as to why or how it's his fault. This one should and will be the wake up call the kool aiders need to realise sh*t, maybe something ain't kosher round ere!

Supporting a footy club ain’t rational. It never will be. Footy depends on it.

So yeah people will be unreasonable... that’s kinda how it works

For every guy thats left there's been some piss ant excuse to validate them as the issue

Smack with whatever smack said.... All along you've managed to angle it toward the player, never the club.

I look forward to the gymnastics used when Merrett goes as to why or how it's his fault. This one should and will be the wake up call the kool aiders need to realise sh*t, maybe something ain't kosher round ere!

It can be both. In fact, in Joe's case, it probably is.

That is, that the club can be shitfully run AND Daniher is just a monumental flog.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't blame Daniher for leaving because we've been incompetent throughout his career with us, but I don't relate to his choice of leaving either.

If I faced the injuries he faced and if the club did everything to get me right + pay me a hefty salary to do nothing, I'd have a sense of loyalty to the club and repay them for at least a couple of years.

I don't hate him or Fantasia, but I'm not openly going to barrack for their success. In contrast, I still like Saad and hope he gets plenty of individual accolades like B&Fs and AAs (although he plays for Carlton so no team success please).

do you reckon he will kiss the Lions logo against us? what a wank that was on the weekend.

As long as he kisses Paddy Ambrose's ******* elbow as well I'm ok with it.

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
Glad to see Joey back on the park and happy, he thoroughly deserves it.

Can't blame a player for leaving if they want more anonymity and to play for a side that is settled and playing good footy.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon

Two things can be true at the same time.

Daniher and Fantasia can have been completely unprofessional in their refusal to apply themselves to training, etc and ultimately weak characters.

Essendon can also have been the sort of place that players want to leave (for whatever the reason is).

What's the point of arguing against what is effectively a strawman?

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
HS article today. Daniher’s manager saying they told Essendon shortly after Brisbane won their first final that he wanted to join the Lions.
Joins us in oct 2012
Feb 2013 busted for drugs.
Leaves us in 2020
We show signs of life
Lions slip from top 4.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
HS article today. Daniher’s manager saying they told Essendon shortly after Brisbane won their first final that he wanted to join the Lions.
That’s right when the Lions acknowledged the rumours linking Joe to us, but then said we’re busy concentrating on the game against Geelong to comment further.

I thought that was common knowledge

It’s also common knowledge that he’s a w***er

/salt

Edit: man this swear filter

1618396153761.gif

That’s right when the Lions acknowledged the rumours linking Joe to us, but then said we’re busy concentrating on the game against Geelong to comment further.
yes, you just needed to concentrate a little bit more.

7B3C8E43-3E90-43CE-B6A0-C8157B1514F0.jpeg

I thought it was only announced after the Lions lost the prelim. Up until then, I thought the club was saying he was still deciding.
Hmm yeah I'm not sure. Oh well.

Back