Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think our goal was on Thursday?

According to Skipworth it was to take the JLT seriously as we can’t afford another slow start to the year. His words. That is some shithouse messaging with what we delivered.

Now obviously we werent going at 100% but there are some non negotiables that great players and teams do regardless of the importance of the occasion. Rance and Riewoldt still operated as competitive players during that Mickey Mouse competition because it is ingrained behaviour and that is the standard great teams play to. I’d much prefer our players take it too seriously than not care.

At least tonight dispelled any concerns about the long term impact on his body.

Had his old spring back and was moving over the ground smoothly (without the limp or stutter he had last year).

At this rate we're going to need him at his best to do anything remotely serious.

He is certainly moving a lot better than he was last season. Didn't have a major impact in either game though.

I would take positives from that because I believe that if Daniher is moving well and fit then the results will eventually look after themselves. He is too talented to not make a regular impact if he is fit.

Good to have him back but......after taking a big grab maybe give a high five after you kick the goal ?.
It was at the time we were making a run at it and he misses from 25m directly in front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not expecting too much output from him until after the bye so anything he does before the bye is a bonus. He is coming from a long way back when you think about it. I'm just happy to see him out there and his big goofy grin is back!

Yes !! kick the goal first then do what ever you like afterwards.. Those misses deflate players and supporters alike.
It's the JLT cup. Honestly wouldn't have bothered me if he did a Jason Akermanis handstand after taking the mark.

You didn't think the same when he did it ??.... C'mon mate he needs to kick those goals, they should be his bread and butter !!
No I didn't. I thought it was recognition of the fact it was good to see him taking a grab again after missing most of last year with a debilitating injury. Obviously the deadshit commentators weren't the only ones this was lost on.

It's the JLT cup. Honestly wouldn't have bothered me if he did a Jason Akermanis handstand after taking the mark.
He could have dry humped McGrath for all I care after he kicked the goal !.. Look I know it was only a JLT game but he has form for laughing after misses etc I just think that it's poor look.

No I didn't. I thought it was recognition of the fact it was good to see him taking a grab again after missing most of last year with a debilitating injury. Obviously the deadshit commentators weren't the only ones this was lost on.
FWIW I loved having him back and the fact that's he's enjoying his footy, maybe would like to see him kick those goals is that too much to expect ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back