Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW I loved having him back and the fact that's he's enjoying his footy, maybe would like to see him kick those goals is that too much to expect ?.
No. Hacking on him for a high 5 is s**t though.

BelleJames

Rookie
Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
How the umps missed that obvious hold on the wing is beyond me. He couldn’t even get a run at the ball but while umps are calling ticky touch stuff they opt to let that one slide? Might have been the most obvious free of the night

1552446957072.png

If he's not fit to play a full match, then why play him?

That's actually not what John said. Don't believe the headline.
I still have mush brain from a bender weekend, so I will read more than the headline tomorrow

I still have mush brain from a bender weekend, so I will read more than the headline tomorrow
from reading the article so does Mitch Cleary

When Daniher does play, he usually plays most of his time on ground (resting on the ground as necessary). "Modified minutes" for him means basically anything less than about 97% lol.

The 2017 All Australian completed 56 per cent of game time against Carlton on February 28, before backing up for 73 per cent against Geelong seven days later.

Provided Daniher recovers fully from training sessions in the next week, Worsfold will be placing his magnet firmly on the board for the season opener.

"Absolutely (we'll consider modified minutes). His program will dictate what he's ready for when we get closer to the season," Worsfold said.

"Every day he's tested and every day his program could change according to how he pulls up from training.

"He might explode out of the blocks and be up and about because we know he's a talented player, but I don't have that expectation … that's not necessarily kicking seven goals in round one.

"The No.1 thing we wanted to see out of Joey (in pre-season) was how he coped with full match play. He's pulled up really well out of that slow build.

"Now he's on a program that we'll be pretty strict with in terms of prepping him for the whole year, so he'll follow that in the lead-up."
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-13/daniher-likely-to-play-modified-minutes-against-giants

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
If Daniher needs an extra 5 minutes on the bench throughout the game, I don't see the big deal. Might help Brown's case for a round 1 spot with his elite tank.

I hope he misses an easy one and smiles.
You can almost hear the commentary already, "That just doesn't sit right with me, it's not a good look when you miss easy goals like that and smile about it. You just wonder if he has the attitude for this game"

i read that and david kings voice came to mind.
That or Richo.

Which would be ironic because Richo is famous for the worst behaviour on-field, especially this little pearler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back