Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone have any idea how far away he is? Been roughly two weeks since the calf, is he good to return to full training or is the bloke totally ****ed? If ever we needed him, it's for a couple of these cluster games.

Anyone have any idea how far away he is? Been roughly two weeks since the calf, is he good to return to full training or is the bloke totally f’ed? If ever we needed him, it's for a couple of these cluster games.
Injury updates are Tuesday afternoon, we rarely hear about him other than that.

But he wasn’t that close before the calf so I’d think he’d be in full training and possibly a scratch match or three before looking at seniors.

Injury updates are Tuesday afternoon, we rarely hear about him other than that.

But he wasn’t that close before the calf so I’d think he’d be in full training and possibly a scratch match or three before looking at seniors.
Thanks. I was hopeful that the amount of training he had been doing meant that he'd only need to get through 1-2 scratch matches. There's only so much full training you can do before biting the bullet and playing him.

Thanks. I was hopeful that the amount of training he had been doing meant that he'd only need to get through 1-2 scratch matches. There's only so much full training you can do before biting the bullet and playing him.

Think there’ll be a couple of weeks training followed by a build up in loads in scratch matches at least. I think last 4-6 rounds of the H&A season is probably the best we can hope for (given it’s a 17 round season).

Also depends where he’s at. For all we know he may still be dead keen on a move to Sydney and may have basically agreed it with them in principle. If so he’ll be in no hurry whatsoever to play, all that can happen is he’ll get injured again and put that in jeopardy.

Think there’ll be a couple of weeks training followed by a build up in loads in scratch matches at least. I think last 4-6 rounds of the H&A season is probably the best we can hope for (given it’s a 17 round season).

Also depends where he’s at. For all we know he may still be dead keen on a move to Sydney and may have basically agreed it with them in principle. If so he’ll be in no hurry whatsoever to play, all that can happen is he’ll get injured again and put that in jeopardy.
Hopefully he's seen the progress we've made this year and it encourages him to stay. He could have an enormous say in the finals this year (provided we make it of course).

At this stage my assumption is he goes. We’ve barely heard a word from him since the end of last season so not sure much would’ve changed.

We’ll get a first round pick as compo. Could also match Sydney’s offer and force a trade, would depend on what Sydney are willing to offer.

We’re probably best focussing on what we should get - given we’ll have his salary space and a decent draft hand.

At this stage my assumption is he goes. We’ve barely heard a word from him since the end of last season so not sure much would’ve changed.

We’ll get a first round pick as compo. Could also match Sydney’s offer and force a trade, would depend on what Sydney are willing to offer.

We’re probably best focussing on what we should get - given we’ll have his salary space and a decent draft hand.

I could see a situation where he only gets an offer around $500k and we will be looking at second round.

Surely it will come to a point soon where it's in both his and the club's interest to roll the dice and play him even if we're not 100% confident he's right to go. Both him and the club will be desperate to get a decent block of games into him this year to give him a chance of having some value come trade time in terms of picks for us and salary for Joe wherever he ends up. Unless we are very confident he's sticking around next year.

If that happens we should match and force Swans to trade if they really want him
Would be interesting to see if they really want him given he is still not on the park and in a normal season we would be looking at 4 weeks to go and still no Joe.
Given Buddy is still broken they could be more inclined to pass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be interesting to see if they really want him given he is still not on the park and in a normal season we would be looking at 4 weeks to go and still no Joe.
Given Buddy is still broken they could be more inclined to pass.
Yes this is my view as well. I don't think Sydney will be interested. It's GWS that may be interested if Cameron decides to leave.

Worst idea ever.
If there’s 4 games left in the season, we’re pretty sure he’s going to ask for a trade and we’re 80% sure he’s right to go, we don’t give him a chance to show other clubs he can still play, instead we see how much value we get after he hasn’t played a single game in 1.5 years?

If there’s 4 games left in the season, we’re pretty sure he’s going to ask for a trade and we’re 80% sure he’s right to go, we don’t give him a chance to show other clubs he can still play, instead we see how much value we get after he hasn’t played a single game in 1.5 years?

We've already said he's basically driving it himself. In that case he'd already have agreed with Sydney and he's not going to jeopardise that by risking further injury.

It's the world we're in now. We kept him to try to change his mind, if that doesn't happen then we cop it and get the best deal we can.

We've already said he's basically driving it himself. In that case he'd already have agreed with Sydney and he's not going to jeopardise that by risking further injury.

It's the world we're in now. We kept him to try to change his mind, if that doesn't happen then we cop it and get the best deal we can.
Well if he hasn't locked it in with Sydney and just wants to get the highest salary he can, it would be in his best interest as well to play some games to show he still can.

Yes this is my view as well. I don't think Sydney will be interested. It's GWS that may be interested if Cameron decides to leave.

I keep hearing through recruiting people I know that Cameron is not likely to leave despite not much going on with his contract talks.
Loves the Sydney lifestyle.

I keep hearing through recruiting people I know that Cameron is not likely to leave despite not much going on with his contract talks.

No chance he leaves reportedly. Looked after very very well financially and it’s not as if there’s the hometown pull to Melbourne... he’s from Dartmoor which is as close to Adelaide as it is to Melbourne.

If Daniher wants to move to Sydney, then we may end up in a situation where neither club wants to pursue him.

If JD reaches match fitness in this 'type of season' you forget about scratch matches and he plays AFL - JD's family has a wonderful history with this club so if he wants to leave as a FA, under NO circumstances do you match the bid - But of course if you want to be a 'flog, then go ahead.

If JD reaches match fitness in this 'type of season' you forget about scratch matches and he plays AFL - JD's family has a wonderful history with this club so if he wants to leave as a FA, under NO circumstances do you match the bid - But of course if you want to be a 'flog, then go ahead.
Why would the club be a flog for matching the bid? Totally legit and they may receive possibly greater compensation. He’s been well paid for nearly three years now with no return. One could counter and say doesn’t he feel the need to repay clubs loyalty?

I don’t really gets what you mean. The club is hardly indebted to him. They’ll do what’s best for the club.

As for reaching match fitness, intriguing how he’ll do that without playing any type of match. Highly doubt he’ll do from training to playing a full AFL game - there’ll be some kind of build-up of match time and the only way he can do anything like that this year is in a scratch match. They’re not gonna name him in the seniors to play a quarter or a half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back