Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

Silvagni talking about Papley at about 9 minutes:

A lot of what he's saying honestly sounds like he's talking about Joe lol. He might not be, but it's very transferable.

Silvagni talking about Papley at about 9 minutes:

A lot of what he's saying honestly sounds like he's talking about Joe lol. He might not be, but it's very transferable.
Cliffs?

Something along the lines of how hard it is to get a contracted player out of a club at short notice and how they need time to find other options etc. etc.
I ended up listening from start to finish because it was fascinating. SOS was really open.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought they said last year that Papley would’ve been at Blues if Daniher deal was done? If so then surely pick 9 would’ve been part of that deal
SOS said that they made a very attractive offer to Sydney and Papley was not traded... seemingly because he still had 2-3 years left on his contract.

The Daniher trade and the Papley trade appear to be two separate transactions.

Isn't half the appeal of getting Daniher is that they could get him with out having to give up draft picks and only salary? If I was Brisbane, I'd tell the club to * off, either match or don't, but we ain't trading, and we'll take him in the PSD, if he decides to walk. Brisbane don't owe us any favours.

Isn't half the appeal of getting Daniher is that they could get him with out having to give up draft picks and only salary? If I was Brisbane, I'd tell the club to fu** off, either match or don't, but we ain't trading, and we'll take him in the PSD, if he decides to walk. Brisbane don't owe us any favours.

Potentially but what favours do Stkilda owe the crows?

It's good business in the end

We'd need to scratch their back for sure, how we can do that I'm not sure?

Witherden, M.Adams, Ely Smyth, R.Lester, 3 way trade? There would be options

The other problem to what you say is if he goes in PSD then potentially neither club benefits as the swans would likely pounce early.

Instead of making neither benefit, why not find a way to make both benefit

Thought they said last year that Papley would’ve been at Blues if Daniher deal was done? If so then surely pick 9 would’ve been part of that deal

So how far of the mark was I ?

Isn't half the appeal of getting Daniher is that they could get him with out having to give up draft picks and only salary? If I was Brisbane, I'd tell the club to fu** off, either match or don't, but we ain't trading, and we'll take him in the PSD, if he decides to walk. Brisbane don't owe us any favours.
A win/ win if possible is always going to be a better option for the sake of future negotiations. It is good business.

Not sure as it still doesn’t make sense. Yesterday’s news I guess

Made perfect sense. Swans where not dealing Papley. I said all along that Sydney where not actually chasing Daniher 100%. Happy to get him for a cheap deal but never really going hard to do it. In the same way we where not going to trade either.

A win/ win if possible is always going to be a better option for the sake of future negotiations. It is good business.
It is but we are talking football clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back