Not open for further replies.

maskmcgee

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2017
The Windy Apple
AFL Club
Essendon
GREATEST ROBBERY IN SPORTING HISTORY SAYS PIE

Collingwood midfielder Adam Treloar has called Jeremy Howe’s mark of the year snub as one of the great robberies in the history of sport.

“I actually couldn’t believe it and he couldn’t believe it,” Treloar told SEN’s The Run Home.

“It was the biggest robbery in the history of any sport.

“I was sitting next to him and had a video on his face, thinking he was going to win and wanted to record his reaction, and when he didn’t his face just dropped.”

Most were gobsmacked Howe’s hanger did not get the gong, and even more surprised to find out it came down to a public vote. Essendon’s Joe Daniher won mark of the year for his screamer over Saint Jake Carlisle.

“With all due respect to Joe Daniher I actually think Brodie’s (Grundy) mark was better than his,” Treloar said in reference to the Magpie’s ruckman MCG screamer.

Jun 6, 2012
Earth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central District
What are they complaining about exactly? That they didn't bother to vote enough is entirely the fault of the Collingwood football club and supporter base.
Sack Eddie.

Joe%20votes.jpg

Despite the protestations of some, the GOY and MOY are important awards, if you look at the history of the sport - These are moments that will be replayed countless times for years to come - To have these awards voted on 'Logie' style are unacceptable.

Killer_Mike

Premiership Player
Mar 31, 2017
Ghetto Extraordinary
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal,Knicks,Victory
Despite the protestations of some, the GOY and MOY are important awards, if you look at the history of the sport - These are moments that will be replayed countless times for years to come - To have these awards voted on 'Logie' style are unacceptable.

In my opinion who votes on the award has no importance.

The Brownlow results throw up plenty of controversial decisions.

Have limited access at the minute and sure it's been mentioned, but the universe has righted itself with a mark taken over Carlisle beating a Collingwood mark

2011 was a bigger MOTY farce

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Collingwood midfielder Adam Treloar has called Jeremy Howe’s mark of the year snub as one of the great robberies in the history of sport.

“I actually couldn’t believe it and he couldn’t believe it,” Treloar told SEN’s The Run Home.

“I was sitting next to him and had a video on his face, thinking he was going to win and wanted to record his reaction, and when he didn’t his face just dropped.”

Most were gobsmacked Howe’s hanger did not get the gong, and even more surprised to find out it came down to a public vote. Essendon’s Joe Daniher won mark of the year for his screamer over Saint Jake Carlisle.

“With all due respect to Joe Daniher I actually think Brodie’s (Grundy) mark was better than his,” Treloar said in reference to the Magpie’s ruckman MCG screamer.

Who the * is Adam Treloar?

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon

No that accolade goes to Cotchin and Mitchell with Jobes Brownlow

I don't know which meltdown has been better over a completely inconsequential award - McGrath's rising star or Danihers MOTY?

Guess it goes to show how desperate Collingwood and Hawks are to have any type of recognition after lackluster seasons

Hawks fans should have just voted more for Burton, problem solved

Gerard Whateley called it an atrocity last night. lol Between that and his grandstanding for Gaz he had a bit of a mare.

Old mate gerard and his giant snoz is turning into a right bellend lately.

Aug 6, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Grundy's mark was the best. Going back with the flight, there's a genuine pack, perches right on top of Charlie Dixon, takes it cleanly overhead. Super difficult grab. Weird that everyone's going on about Howe getting robbed and not Grundy, reckon reputation plays a role. It's not like Howe's mark is one of the all time greats or anything.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm almost enjoying this implosion more than the Hawthorn RS melts.

The confident smile wiped away from Howe's face, Eddie and Treloar's public melts, Collingwood supporters struggling with simple measurements when assessing the height of the mark etc

Daniher needs to take one on Howe's head next year.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm almost enjoying this implosion more than the Hawthorn RS melts.

The confident smile wiped away from Howe's face, Eddie and Treloar's public melts, Collingwood supporters struggling with simple measurements when assessing the height of the mark etc

Daniher needs to take one on Howe's head next year.

Don't know why people are whinging Howe takes those type of marks nearly every week. also Daniher was stiff not to win it last year and Walla's goal is better then Daniel Rioli's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back