Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiguelM

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
So basically what I wrote 48hrs ago looks likely, he is cooked... Well done EFC for the mismanagement.
Far from cooked IMO.
Club taking conservative approach which has proven successful in athletes. Just takes time.

Quick google will reveal similar approaches to below

Steps:
1. rest period - eliminate soreness/inflamation
2. Increase flexibility of muscle tightness / hip flexion
3. strengthen weak muscles to stabilize hip.
4. work on biomechanical issues
5. light straightline running
6. increase workloads & sideways movement
7. Normal training

Takes time and patience to ensure full recovery & management to prevent it returning.

He will have the all experts at his disposal to give him a more than fighting chance.

Jun 9, 2007
un
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hopefully JD will be ready by round one - Anyway EFC can win a premiership without JD.
Agree with this. WC won without NicNat and Gaff.

However, I want JD to be a premiership player, plus he improves our chances of winning one (especially due to match-up issues for the opposition), and he is just so damn watchable in full flight. These are the main things that cross my mind when I think of the horrible possibility that he his career might be in question.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Given the drama of this season where we was clearly playing hindered; I think they're trying to manage expectations to give plenty of scope for Joe (and the fitness team) to make the best decisions for Daniher, and remove the pressure that he must be ready for R1.

If he's 100% fit and ready to go then play him, if he's not, then they've already laid the expectation that he might not play anyway.

Wow how's the bear market on Joe in here?

You'd think no one ever recovered from OP

Judd and GAJ came back from OP and won brownlows. No reason think he wont get back to his best just yet. It will take time for that to happen even after he is back playing.

So much hysteria
Are you guys trying to say the sky isn't falling?
but what are people supposed to do for every little rumour if not panic?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades

Personally I can’t bear it. Non stop grizzling over playing him when they shouldn’t. Now the fact they’ve said they are taking it slow you’d think the same people were in hibernation the first time. Like a circus in here.

vass44

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
He's 110% cooked. Can we pick Ned up as a cat B now and stuff his body up too?

Not sure he is cooked - hopefully he can get over this OP and it doesn’t ruin his career. Regardless of his OP or anything else Joe hasn’t played a game or even trained properly for 8 months now, so whatever happens from here he will be starting 2019 a fair way behind other players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Towno78

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon

Lol, the number of people stating Joe is cooked is a perfect illustration of the fickle nature of bigfooty.
He is not cooked people, he just won't be 100% come round 1. Yawn.

He’s not cooked but he seems to be routinely in the oven for a few more weeks after every ‘few more weeks’. Keep that up and ultimately I guess he would be cooked.

Mar 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tassie Devils
Ah, but is the oven turned on :moustache:
Fridge and Joe have been training together away from the main group, Joe's proximity to Fridge will stop him being cooked. Smart.

upload_2018-12-23_10-11-41.jpeg

Jul 6, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Pacers
Personally I can’t bear it. Non stop grizzling over playing him when they shouldn’t. Now the fact they’ve said they are taking it slow you’d think the same people were in hibernation the first time. Like a circus in here.

It's more entertaining if you read OP as opening post and pretend everyone is blaming Velvet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back