Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danihers eye on the future

It is understood Daniher will also miss Friday's session at Tullamarine as the Bombers take a cautious approach with his optical health.

Coach Worsfold also said Daniher was no certainty for round one due to his problematic eye complaint.

"Joey's working really hard. That conjunctivitis can be a really itchy, annoying injury so our No.1 priority is that it doesn't linger and affect multiple seasons for Joey," Worsfold said at Essendon's annual general meeting in December.

"He's still coming into his prime years, so if the sake of him absolutely getting over this eye injury means it actually takes a little bit longer than him being absolutely ready for round one then we'll do that."

"Make no mistake we are not weeping, even if Joe is"

If you or anybody you know is suffering from poor eye health, contact the Royal eye hospital or the Fred hollows foundation.
Hope that is a typo, surely sessions !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I don't even understand why you quoted me.

He looked fat, now he doesn't. Great work mate?

I think you misunderstood the joke mate.

He looks long.

So am I right now.

*insert phallic emoji*

I think you misunderstood the joke mate.

He looks long.

So am I right now.

*insert phallic emoji*
Big time i did. I had no idea what you were getting at LOL

I'm concerned for Joes long term fitness it's January and he's still cooked.

Possibly our greatest forward since Llyod and the club ****** him

No they didn't. They would have treated him a lot earlier if Joe had of told them the full extent of the injury. OP comes in many forms. Heppell played all of last season with it as did Buddy Franklin and a number of other players at various clubs. Joe thought he was doing the right thing in pushing on and not admitting how bad it was . The lesson is somethings being a man and pushing through an injury is not the right way to go.
Hard for the club to be treating mild groin soreness when it was in fact a pretty serious case of OP.
He is no good thing to be ready by round 1 either. It is very 50/50 at the moment, not because he is currently badly effected but more because they are taking it very slowly and have not pushed the workload yet.

No they didn't. They would have treated him a lot earlier if Joe had of told them the full extent of the injury. OP comes in many forms. Heppell played all of last season with it as did Buddy Franklin and a number of other players at various clubs. Joe thought he was doing the right thing in pushing on and not admitting how bad it was . The lesson is somethings being a man and pushing through an injury is not the right way to go.
Hard for the club to be treating mild groin soreness when it was in fact a pretty serious case of OP.
He is no good thing to be ready by round 1 either. It is very 50/50 at the moment, not because he is currently badly effected but more because they are taking it very slowly and have not pushed the workload yet.

Which is the smart thing.
The kid is early in his career. 2019 is largely irrelevant in the scheme of things.
Get him healthy and do it right, use it as an opportunity to grow our talent in that area of the field if he isn't good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back