Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably best that the mark of the year and goal of the year are judged by either the players on AFLPA MVP night or by a panel when AA is done.

Joey's mark was spectacular but Howe's was better.

giphy.gif

I think this was probably more a lesson yet again of apathy in voting. I know there wasn't a week gone by where the Essendon social media team weren't pushing the vote on their various platforms, Dons supporters rode quite the wave this year, whilst I question whether the pies were pushing it that hard and whether many of their fans or footy fans in general really voted.

The good thing for Howe is he takes them so god damn regularly he will take another 3-4 contenders next year and have another crack at it im sure. Best aerialist in the game.

I’ll never take mark of the year or goal of the year, or the logies seriously until they introduce compulsory voting.

stop this farce already. It’s time.

I think this was probably more a lesson yet again of apathy in voting. I know there wasn't a week gone by where the Essendon social media team weren't pushing the vote on their various platforms, Dons supporters rode quite the wave this year, whilst I question whether the pies were pushing it that hard and whether many of their fans or footy fans in general really voted.

The good thing for Howe is he takes them so god damn regularly he will take another 3-4 contenders next year and have another crack at it im sure. Best aerialist in the game.

Well then EAD to Collingwood Supporters.

That's like hating the Prime Minister but then decide not to bother voting.

If you don't want to get involved than you can hardly whine about the result.

So a popular club lost a popularity contest and are complaining about it because they can't come to grip that they're not as popular as they believe they are?

I read one lady's post that she was 'devastated!' WTF?
You can be devastated when a family member dies, not when a stranger doesn't win a marking contest. Get a grip.

Well then EAD to Collingwood Supporters.

That's like hating the Prime Minister but then decide not to bother voting.

If you don't want to get involved than you can hardly whine about the result.

I think we can all agree it was a poor result and the best mark didn't win.

Pies fans can be a little annoyed, hell im a little annoyed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniher cleared a guy who is over 2 meters tall and took the ball at its highest point.

Howe took a chest mark.

Both were good but Daniher rightly won for mine.

Enjoy the Toyota daniher. Legend

Best mark won comfortably. Daniher took a hanger over a bloke 2 metres tall above his head. Howe took a flying chest mark

The icing on the cake is that it was on Carlisle's head. Is that two MOY's taken on his head now? He's developing quite the portfolio. Perhaps there should be a new award.

View attachment 420749

2nd time winning the golden stepladder.

Probably best that the mark of the year and goal of the year are judged by either the players on AFLPA MVP night or by a panel when AA is done.

Joey's mark was spectacular but Howe's was better.

These are not important awards. They don't need to be officially vetted by the playing group, the coaches or an independent panel. It's a celebration of the things that make fans want to go to the football and I can't think of a more qualified group to judge than the fans themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back