Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin Crows position seriously needs to be looked at hard.

I agree with this, too many mistakes have been made in the past 6 months.

Serious question, what are his credentials? Did he work under someone else before being given the head role? Where did he learn his craft?

Did Ambrose not reinjure a quad at training after coming back too early? Pretty sure it was in either match simulation or a full praccy too...i.e. he was playing match scenarios before he should have.

This is exactly what happened...The Laverde hammy was a disaster. Complains of hammy tightness and they send him out in an intraclub...nek minute 10 weeks out!

Yes, no need for the trumpets and fanfare. Key player tries to play through injury. It doesn’t work out. He has weeks off. With OP there is no guarantee that resting through the first few weeks of th season would see Joe totally fit for R4. Just as there is no guarantee he will be back after a month off. Injuries don’t always mean the fitness / medical team needs sacking.

Not always, no. But when it's just one thing in a line of issues the pattern becomes alarming.
Of course there's no guarantee that if we had of rested him after round 2 he'd be back 4 weeks later, but is playing someone with OP consistently, including on short recovery weeks really worth it?

Not always, no. But when it's just one thing in a line of issues the pattern becomes alarming.
Of course there's no guarantee that if we had of rested him after round 2 he'd be back 4 weeks later, but is playing someone with OP consistently, including on short recovery weeks really worth it?
Deppends on the severity which can be hard to call. Agreed - you wouldn't play someone if you knew it was severe. Obviously they thought it manageable.

Yeah - off-season. We are nowhere near the off-season.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but on the face of it there was little reason we should have been playing him rather than resting him earlier. It's been affecting his game quite severely and we've been gaining nothing from playing him - in fact he's kind of been a liability because of his inability to run and jump.

Why do players have post-season surgery ? Because they have played through the season with an injury - Some players can handle the inconvenience and their injury stays at the same level, while other players can't get through because their injury worsens - There is no indication at this stage that JD needs surgery - I am more concerned about injuries in training which have occurred - Think of Brown,McNiece, Fantasia, Ambrose, Laverde and today McGrath.

I used to live on Moreland Rd near the train station. I remember walking out the front of the house a few years back and recognising Justin Crow sitting in his car waiting for the train. He was having a massive pick of his nose. Also saw him recently walking into Very Good Falafel down Sydney Rd. Wearing a suitably hipster terrible knitted jumper.

I used to live on Moreland Rd near the train station. I remember walking out the front of the house a few years back and recognising Justin Crow sitting in his car waiting for the train. He was having a massive pick of his nose. Also saw him recently walking into Very Good Falafel down Sydney Rd. Wearing a suitably hipster terrible knitted jumper.
Sure this wasn’t me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope he picked a winner.

Lol so the original time frame would've had him back this week... but as I said at the time, he won't be.

In fact he's not even back to running yet!

Essendon is taking a particularly cautious approach with star forward Joe Daniher’s recovery from signs of early onset of osteitis pubis.

Daniher has been off the track since the Bombers’ clash with Hawthorn in round seven and Physical Performance Manager Justin Crow says he is slowly progressing as he strives to return to the line-up.

“We’re seeing small improvements from Joe from day to day and from week to week, however with the rehab process we have a whole series of different progressions that he needs to make before moving on to the next one,” Crow said in the SKINS Injury Update on Tuesday.

“He still hasn’t made the progression to move back into running.

“So he’s doing more things – he’s getting stronger (and) we’re comfortable that he’s moving forward – but in terms of actually getting running again and building up to play he’s not quite at that point yet.”

Crow says the club will not succumb to the temptation of rushing back the important Bomber.

“We’re very keen to hold our nerve on this one and make sure we get Joe right and we’ll be taking our time to do that regardless of how long it takes.”

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-06-05/skins-injury-update-rd-11/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back