Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah he isn't coming back this year. We really could use him out there.

I read somewhere that he hasn't even started running yet.

That is such a shame. Really felt like he could continue that upward career trajectory but this year has fallen right off a cliff :(

I take a pragmatic view - You play if you are fit - Even one or two games gives you a base for next year - I still remember when Lloyd ripped his hammy off the bone in 2006 - Could have played the last 3 or 4 games, except the club chose to put him on ice and he never returned the same player.

Yeah it was those iced 3 or 4 games that did it, not the career killing injury he sustained.

Yeah it was those iced 3 or 4 games that did it, not the career killing injury he sustained.

Older players lose touch if they are out of the game for long periods - Lloyd ended up missing 12 months and was never the same player - It's crazy thinking to put a player on ice for the last 3 or 4 games after coming off a long term injury - I expect the club to play Gleeson for the last couple of games in 2018 if he has recovered from his injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OP is a different beast to what's generally termed a soft tissue injury...

It's prone to bone degradation if you continue to roll the dice with it and come up wrong!

Two things... At the first sign of it, it should of been overruled that trying to play was a no go... Really dissapointed by EFC in this case if this was left as a Joe decision.... Maybe once or twice but not consecutive weeks until he totally blew up and lost valuable confidnce...

It is ridiculas to think any benefit of bringing someone in early who has it could possess any benefit to the team or individual that's positive for a progressive outlook or future ...

It's a prick of situation that can come down to player genetics, training/playing activity versus those genetics plus other limiting factors of why is flares up...

He's young, the recovery needs to be done right and not in a first available think he is ok kind of way...

Last edited:
This is the darkest post I've ever seen on this site.
This is the darkest post I've ever seen.
uomkVIL.png

....yeaah, I'll grab my coat.

OP is a different beast to what's generally termed a soft tissue injury...

It's prone to bone degradation if you continue to roll the dice with it and come up wrong!

Two things... At the first sign of it, it should of been overruled that trying to play was a no go... Really dissapointed by EFC in this case if this was left as a Joe decision.... Maybe once or twice but not consecutive weeks until he totally blew up and lost valuable confidnce...

It is ridiculas to think any benefit of bringing someone in early who has it could possess any benefit to the team or individual that's positive for a progressive outlook or future ...

It's a prick of situation that can come down to player genetics, training/playing activity versus those genetics plus other limiting factors of why is flares up...

He's young, the recovery needs to be done right and not in a first available think he is ok kind of way...

Same. In this day and age and with medical knowledge of such a condition it's kind of mind blowing that it wasn't addressed immediately and that he was overuled from playing. He should've been put on ice early and given the best chance at recovery. Instead the dice was foolishly rolled.

Anyway...what's done is done. Happy for him to sit the entire season out now. Just get him right.

Having Joe out with OP and Smack in, is a little like having a Leyland P76 courtesy car to drive around in while your Lamborghini is up on the hoist. You're glad you have it, you'd be ****ed without it - heck there's even some kind of unique hipsterish cool in how mug it is ... But you aren't going to set any lap records with it.

Having Joe out with OP and Smack in, is a little like having a Leyland P76 courtesy car to drive around in while your Lamborghini is up on the hoist. You're glad you have it, you'd be ****** without it - heck there's even some kind of unique hipsterish cool in how mug it is ... But you aren't going to set any lap records with it.
I think I'd rather walk than get back in a P76. Literally and metaphorically.

Smack has been fine & he's a known quantity, you'll get a bit of good, a bit of bad and plenty of inbetween.

Imo if, as a collective, the rest of the list had delivered as much, we wouldn't be in the middle of another frustrating season. We wouldn't be top 4 but also wouldn't be keeping the likes of the Dogs, Suns & Saints company...

Having Joe out with OP and Smack in, is a little like having a Leyland P76 courtesy car to drive around in while your Lamborghini is up on the hoist. You're glad you have it, you'd be ****** without it - heck there's even some kind of unique hipsterish cool in how mug it is ... But you aren't going to set any lap records with it.
This is an awesome post

FRESH doubt has been cast over Joe Daniher's hopes for a return this season as he continues to battle a groin injury.

Daniher has been sidelined with early onset of osteitis pubis since round seven and is yet to return to the training track with teammates.

The All Australian forward had initially planned to return shortly after the mid-season bye, but chances of a return are fading with 10 weeks left in the year.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-21/daniher-a-long-way-off-playing-woosha#/

FRESH doubt has been cast over Joe Daniher's hopes for a return this season as he continues to battle a groin injury.

Daniher has been sidelined with early onset of osteitis pubis since round seven and is yet to return to the training track with teammates.

The All Australian forward had initially planned to return shortly after the mid-season bye, but chances of a return are fading with 10 weeks left in the year.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-21/daniher-a-long-way-off-playing-woosha#/

Lets hope is dosen't carry into next season

Smack has been fine & he's a known quantity, you'll get a bit of good, a bit of bad and plenty of inbetween.

Imo if, as a collective, the rest of the list had delivered as much, we wouldn't be in the middle of another frustrating season. We wouldn't be top 4 but also wouldn't be keeping the likes of the Dogs, Suns & Saints company...
I really like Smack. I even rate him. I think that as long as Hooker is in the backline and Draper is still so green he is in the team...unless he spuds it up a few games in a row. Reckon he might kick a small bag tonight the old Leyland.. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back