Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the way he played in the JLT - he looked like a dog that has been chained up for a month, gets off the leash and just goes mental jumping around

I was fearing the whole time he was going to hard too early

anyway, who knows, maybe he has a calf injury.

So the club, who's messaging has continuously been he will play when he is ready and we wouldn't be rushing him back, has realised between a practice match and a training session that his OP is playing up and instead of reduce loads rule him out of round 1 and see how it settles and place realistic expectations on the situation has lied and made up an injury?

Right.

i generally hate these conspiracy theory beat ups.. but his "captain's" press conference did somehow manage to be extremely dull and pretty weird at the same time.

he repeated himself relentlessly.. kept saying that the extra time out would help him to do more work on his game. i wondered how? how does being out with a calf help you work on your game? extra psychologist time?

and yes - you can get a strain from a knock. not sure what nick riewoldt is talking about. but totally agree with garry lyon - if it's a very recent injury (and it was only 24 hrs old), caused by contact and bad enough to be 6 week calf surely there has been some serious bleeding. i can't see how extra standing round for 2 hours is a good idea.

the way he played in the JLT - he looked like a dog that has been chained up for a month, gets off the leash and just goes mental jumping around

I was fearing the whole time he was going to hard too early

anyway, who knows, maybe he has a calf injury.

Gotta be honest, apart from 1 or 2 nice marks I thought he looked exactly the same as just before they announced his OP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's cooked for the year isn't he? what a shitty start to the year.

Wouldn't worry about it

Makes no sense calling a presser tomorrow to admit they lied about the calf and say he's out for the year. Smart clubs wait out the 6 weeks then say he re injured the groin coming back...

Something else would be up, season launch or something

Wouldn't worry about it

Makes no sense calling a presser tomorrow to admit they lied about the calf and say he's out for the year. Smart clubs wait out the 6 weeks then say he re injured the groin coming back...

Something else would be up, season launch or something

Didn’t we have Shiel interview for our launch?

He’s edging toward Gumbleton territory in terms of the gulf between his potential and his output. The concern being that with a name like Daniher it’ll be 200+ games before someone at the club is willing to admit that a forward who doesn’t kick goals is actually just a potato.
Even when he is fit, there should be no problem letting him prove himself by coming back via VFL; particularly if the side is functioning as effectively as it was in the back half of last season without him.

I think we won't see him for the first month of the season. I'm expecting him to return round 5-7.
I said this before he was announced to play JLT. I stand by it. :cool:

Didn't look ready then and didn't look ready in the JLT. Think they realised that.
I don't think they'd lie about the calf injury, but could they be milking it to cover an OP issue? Find the captain's day thing a bit odd as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back