Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone needs to sell me CEY. I don't know the qualities.

Big bodied inside bull mid.

Delisted/about to be delisted so he probably isn't great won't cost much

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
I just really don’t want to believe that him leaving will occur.

Hell I have a hard enough time still getting used to the idea I have to cook dinner some nights cos my wife is at work earning me flash money.

I don’t know how I’m gonna get over this?

Oct 12, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics
I just really don’t want to believe that him leaving will occur.

Hell I have a hard enough time still getting used to the idea I have to cook dinner some nights cos my wife is at work earning me flash money.

I don’t know how I’m gonna get over this?
Uber Eats. Shouldn't be a problem with the flash money.

Oh wait, you mean Joey? Yeah...let me know when you figure it out.

Mikevk123

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Like what?
Well tbh I just think it’s a pretty s**t thing to do. He’s a big part of our club. His name Daniher alone screams out Essendon. He has been the face of our club for a few years now. He’s on huge money and has been injured for a few years. It would be a huge setback for us if he left. Our Key Forward stocks with out him look extremely Awful.

Mikevk123

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
In the end i might be a little harsh but I love Joey. He’s one of my favourite players and loosing him would suck.

SherbertLemon

Cancelled
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Well tbh I just think it’s a pretty s**t thing to do. He’s a big part of our club. His name Daniher alone screams out Essendon. He has been the face of our club for a few years now. He’s on huge money and has been injured for a few years. It would be a huge setback for us if he left. Our Key Forward stocks with out him look extremely Awful.
To be fair making him the face of anything is a pretty big debt to pay.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
But his father also played for Sydney. He could have played for Sydney.
He doesn’t owe us anything. Essendon’s mismanagement of his injury may be the reason why he’s leaving.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
That he could be leaving perhaps slso suggests his lack of confidence in his body. A footy career has a limited lifespan even without an injury. He has to look after no. 1 first and while his injury might heal, it also might not. Can't blame him for trying to shore up the income he can while he can, because it will drop off in a snap when it's all done. Life's tough. Good luck to him.

Stay, Joey.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Put his groin in a slow cooker.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Add to this
-We burnt a first rounder on him as a F/S. In that same draft we could have landed Grundy.
-When he came off an AA year he cost a lot to re-sign. That money could have been used to lure Lynch
-for 1.8m, we have reaped 15 goals in 11 games.
-the "bubble" in melbourne isnt anything new. Buddy left it for sydney 2 years after he joined the club. Why now?
-If its the injury mgmt, the team is gone and a new one is coming in.

While i wouldnt go so far to say he owes us (though it isnt a stretch given the contract and last two years), it's a poor way to leave a club.

He's about to hit his peak years & our forward line is a mess without him.

the PILL

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2007
VICTORIA
AFL Club
Essendon
Love the guy and want nothing more than first to see him healthy, both physically and mentally but he is handling this badly.

The timing of the Harley meeting was just ill timed, slightly disrespectful IMO and wreaks of Rydergate in a sesnse of selfishness me me syndrome right on finals time preperation.

If he goes he's basically taking the Pi55 by straight up lying to the "On The Mark" panel which is pretty insulting to his loyal fanbase and the club in my opinion.

I genuinely hope he stays but lets face it, if he does the old "nothing to see here" and then does bolt, it's a bit of a teabagging to his loyal fans and club that supported him deeply on his very hot and cold path so far.

He has every right to go, especially with the medical fiasco, just don't string us along as supporters and FFS get your meetings sorted professionaly Joe so the scum media don't get to open up on you and the club, basicly compounding the whole thing

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
If daniher wants to go im not against it as long as we have a contingency plan. I’d love us to a have a crack at Ben king, the kid has all the attributes to be a star. Or maybe Todd Marshall who would cost a bit less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back